Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Most reliable micro sd cards?
  • zippykona

I have a 128 gb micro sd sandisk in my galaxy s4 which is only supposedto take a 64gb.
    It lasted less than a year but was replaced by argos quite painlessly.
    My next phone is ok for 128 chips, does that mean the replacement will last longer or can I expect to get a new chip every year?
    The chip in my camera is years old and still going good.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Never had an SD card fail. I usually buy Sandisk. I don’t usually exceed manufacturers recommendations. I dont know enough to say whether putting a 128 card in a 64max device would make the card fail, though.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I would also venture the opinion that SD storage is so relatively cheap, that the loss of content on a failed card would be a bigger pain than the card itself….?

grahamt1980

Have been using sandisk for ages now, not had one fail yet.
    Hoping that isn’t cursing it though

zippykona

That’s all reassuring and means I don’t have to buy an iPhone.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Full size SD cards have been fine, but I’ve had loads of micro SD die on me, and many brands including reputable names, from reputable sources (not ebay/amazon). Some I work with have used them professionally and say they’re difficult to source reliable ones and even can be certain batches that fail (and Sandisk was low in the ranking of quality in their opinion). I find a full size SD is also more recoverable whereas a micro SD can utterly die and not be recognised in any device to be able to recover it.

There are industrial grade micro SD, but they’re not cheap.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Also on the lookout for a decent micro. Had TDK and iirc Sandisk, TDK failed I think. Technika ones fom Wilko seem okay but my phone occasionally tells me its booted with errors and has to sort it out, I wouldnt be surprised if its failing slowly.

Would I be right in saying the larger the capacity the higher the chance of failure assuming capacity is related to die size? Need a reliable class 10 for my dashcam and wondering if I’m better just sticking to a lower capacity, 75min at 8Gb seems more than enough.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’ve had a 128Gb Samsung Evo micro SD working every day for my Lightroom and iTunes storage. Is in an adaptor in the SD card slot in my MacBook. Never missed a beat in four years. (Yes, it’s also backed up)

Caher

On my 4th phone but same SD. Got a Sandisk too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Most reliable micro sd cards?’ is closed to new replies.