Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Most hated gate?
  • chambord
    Free Member

Thinking about this on a ride the other day. Which is your most hated gate?

Mine is the one over the stream near the Ladybower Inn on the WLT descent. A close second is the one at the bottom of jaggers clough which kills all your momentum before the climb.

I just think farmers could have had mountain bikers needs in mind before installing these things.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Water ( I quite like tricky Dicky)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I just think farmers could have had mountain bikers needs in mind before installing these things.

scotroutes

Somewhere on the Speyside Way between Cromdale and Aberlour

chambord
    Free Member

CFH, you’re mad at the missing apostrophe aren’t you?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Doctor’s

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The one on the descent from watendlath over to rosthwaite. Bloody landowners.

beefheart
    Free Member

Today it’s the gate before the rocky bit before the new section at nant yr Arian which is my least favourite, where it kills all your momentum on THE supposedly longest trail centre descent there is in the UK…..
    There is no need to stop there.

scaled
    Free Member

The One at the bottom of snake path as you’re coming out of hayfield. As if that bloody climb isn’t bad enough

chambord
    Free Member

scotroutes – what are those things?! Do they pivot at the bottom? Incredible over-engineering if so, very impressive indeed (For a gate)

scotroutes

chambord – they are gates designed for walkers. You prize apart the top as you step through and they fall closed behind you. Bit of a bugger with a bike though as you really need three hands 😆

docrobster
    Free Member

The pair of gates part way down stanage plantation BW.
    Takes 5% off the awesomeness of that particular trail.

youngrob

The 2 gates on the Gypsy Glen descent. The first isn’t too bad as you can head up again from there but the 2nd just kills your speed.

Edric64
    Free Member

Ashton Gate in Bristol.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Most hated gate?’ is closed to new replies.