Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • most frame set for the money? direct from factory job?
  • sefton
    Free Member

I,m looking for a new frameset for under a grand. Obviously I’d like the best frame possible. My thinking is if I go for a hungfu Chinese frame direct from the factory most off the cash will be going directly into the frame. As opposed to importer’s and bike shop mark-ups. If I spend £500 on a frame from a shop by the time you take everyone’s margin out what are you left with? A frame that cost £200 or less to manufacture?

The other option is to find an older frame in the sale with a heavy discount.

Anyone spotted anything recently?

njee20
    Free Member

Road? Cyclocross? Disc? MTB? Hardtail? FS? 26″? 650b? 29″? XC racing? Dirt jumping?

sefton
    Free Member

Road. Race geo.

Wonder if there are any last seasons ex pro framesets around?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

CAAD10

mikewsmith
    Free Member

. If I spend £500 on a frame from a shop by the time you take everyone’s margin out what are you left with?

Warranty, UK support, an idea what the quality of the frame is.

sefton
    Free Member

I know, that’s the gamble isn’t it.I,he read very positive things though.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Canyon Ultimate Al

sefton
    Free Member

I have spotted these and really like the sound of them.I fear by the time I have the cash these 2013 frames will be long gone.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Finance

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They look boring. Most frames cost **** all to mass produce. Who designs these open mould frames? Who tests them? CAAD 10 has been designed, and then tested by thousands of riders the world over. You know it’s gonna be decent. Or get that Genesis cos it’s a bargain.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had an open mould frame about four years ago, it was a bit lighter and quite alot stiffer than my planet x. It wasnt great to ride though (unless all you’re doing is racing round in a circle on it?)

dickie
    Free Member

I have a 2014 56cm Trek Domane frame & fork, plus bits – any good?
    (See classifieds)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘most frame set for the money? direct from factory job?’ is closed to new replies.