Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Most expensive thing you've lost from a jersey pocket?
  • njee20
    Free Member

Mine has been incredibly secure on the seatpost. Unlike the connection between the wires inside the **** thing….

Band went on mine, no trace of light or bracket!

ddmonkey

I lost my i-phone from my pocket at the Meribel DH World Cup round. Some random dude found it, spoke to my Mrs on the phone when she called me, got my description and then found me in the crowd to give it back at the podium ceremony. LEGEND!

MrOvershoot

My wifes very nice Olympus waterproof digi camera on the descent off Moel Famau.

I ended up pushing back up to where I thought it might have ejected and after 1/2 hour of rummaging around in the undergrowth I found it 😀

She never did ask how the dent in the alloy casing got there 😮

mlke
    Free Member

Gortex jacket on the ridgeway about 10 years ago
    I was grumpy for the rest of that day.

paul4stones

Lost a bank card and £20 in Wisbech. Cancelled the card then got home to find a message from the bank – someone had handed my card in and insisted the £20 found nearby was paid into my account 🙂

Never learnt though. Somehow lost my smart phone last week in the misty Pennines out of signal…..

cakefacesmallblock

Tenner. A few years ago. But, hey ho, that was when it was worth a tenner.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Only a Banana few years back.

nach
    Free Member

Not from a jersey pocket, but pootling along a towpath with my helmet on my bars, the fork crown shunted a Contour camera off the helmet mount. Luckily only a five minute ride back up the path after I noticed, and it didn’t bounce into the canal.

benp1

You’re not really selling the virtues of jersey pockets here. I only like putting stuff like keys in the pocket if it has a zip on it

Its why I’m a fan of a bumbag for stuff like this, once its zipped up I know its secure

Martin.B
    Free Member

No Losses, Top tube bag for me. Everything in sight in front of you

Drac

I’ve not worn a Jersey since I was about 8.

slowoldman

A bogey.

It was a prize one though. About the size of the Titanic.

fangin
    Free Member

My ancient dumb phone. It had become so unfashionable that it was therefore unkillable. Ugly things never wear out and all.

I lost it on a longish off-road route and never thought I’d see it again. Deactivated SIM and bought a new one.

Sure enough, next ride I stopped to dig something out of my backpack and nearly stepped on it.

njee20
    Free Member

pootling along a towpath with my helmet on my bars

Why? 😕

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Most expensive thing you've lost from a jersey pocket?’ is closed to new replies.