Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Most expensive thing you've lost from a jersey pocket?
  • D0NK

I ended up doing an extra 10miles on my commute this morning when I noticed the Hope battery missing from my jersey pocket, all the way back home no sign of it, found it in my other jersey pocket underneath some other stuff 😳 Very reminiscent of walking back up Blackshaw Royd on the MTL to find my smart phone – again it was in another pocket.

So despite having misgivings about jersey pockets the only thing I’ve ever actually lost from one is a couple of sticks of rock (on my way home from blackpool) I can live with that.

What have you lost?

qwerty
    Free Member

My virginity.

convert

Assos raincape (the kind of see through ones). Brand new, never actually got to wear the bloody thing in anger! And that was in the days when my finances were such that buying an Assos raincape meant not eating for month. It hurt. Lots.

MoreCashThanDash

I once found the car park ticket for Edale car park in my pocket. About 10 miles from the car park. Got it from the machine popped to the loo, forgot to put the ticket in the car with all the pre ride faff.

That was expensive when the fine arrived on the windscreen.

Not quite what the op was after, but not something I’ve done since.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My dignity when I realised I was wearing a Jersey with pockets off road

oliverracing

A pump, a brand new multi tool (to replace the one that was in my saddlebag that fell of somewhere in FoD) and not lost, but killed a phone due to wet/crash damage in a minor stream tumble

rocketman
    Free Member

Have found a number of wallets around Cannock. I mean odd gloves, tail light lens or broken glasses fair enough but your wallet? With like money in it and your cards and stuff?

Some people

curiousyellow
    Free Member

So far, my backup wallet with a bit of cash and my BC membership card in it.

Fortunately an old boy found and returned it to me. Gave him a nice bottle of wine for that. I’d spent the day retracing a 45km road ride when I got the call!

It was a really nice feeling to get it back. Wish I’d had a bit more time to have a chat with the gent. Some people are pretty decent.

Junkyard
    Free Member

House key

User error though as i dropped it when i got something else out and forgot it was in there.

Zip once broke on a camelabk lost loads- ok everything int here tubes, top, pump , flapjack …gutted i was starving but at least i did not get a puncture 8)

binners

This out of my camelbak. I always carried it with me for good luck. Angels watching over me and all that. Absolutely irreplaceable it was too

Gutted doesn’t even begin to describe it 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

My virginity.

Again, apologies.

Mister-P
    Free Member

30 Euro on a road ride in Italy.

njee20
    Free Member

My Expsoure Flare rear light fell off my seatpost. More annoying that the Lezeyne I replaced it with isn’t nearly as good.

I lost my bunch of keys out of a jersey pocket whilst running (that’ll teach me). Spent about 3 hours looking for them (locked out of the house), only to find that someone had found them within minutes of me dropping them and handed them in to the corner shop nearby 😡

Kahurangi

I was waiting for the camelback vs. jersey brigade to turn up… and didn’t have to wait at all 😆

mtbel
    Free Member

Back in the late 90s a “friend” might have dropped a decent sized bag of Ching from his trouser pocket during practice at a Welsh DH race. 🙁
    DONK, I’d lay off the bongs for a bit mate 😉

winston
    Free Member

iPhone – undid a vent zip whilst riding, at least that’s what I thought it was

Exposure Flare fell off as well. Totally useless design so I didn’t really care about that one…

hilldodger
    Free Member

Make a point of only using jerseys with a zipped pocket for phone/wallet/keys – find stuff like arm warmers, w/proof, etc fill the pockets tight enough not to be troublesome.

Struggling to see how the flare lights “fall off” – do you mean the rubber band fixing snapped?

D0NK

I was asking about things of value mike 😉

Back in the late 90s a “friend” might have dropped a decent sized bag of Ching from his trouser pocket

did you see episode 4 of 24hours in police custody?

TBH I was half expecting everyone to say nowt, jersey pockets are well designed.

fasthaggis

My Ninja star

fatboyjon

Jamie – Freeloader!

My virginity.

Again, apologies.

That’s a bit much, doing the pokey pokey dance with another chaps pockets.

woodster

The lid from the bottle of Revo sealant I had in there. Not pleasant.

D0NK

Zip once broke on a camelabk lost loads

I’m picturing a breadcrumb trail of porkless pies, multitools, dry tasteless flapjacks and ancient dessicated tubes all the way from ICR to chorley.

RustySpanner

Two portions of prawn toast – schoolboy error – side pocket, didn’t do the zip up properly.

Had the lid came off the chow mein in my panniers too, but not on the same ride.

FOG

A mate lost £200 in a plastic bank bag on a road ride! He had just collected entry money for his clubs event from the punters and was intending to pay it in the bank after the ride. We stopped at a caff half way round and there it was – gone.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You missed out Aldi rain jacket but apart from that spot on

PS YGM

the-muffin-man

I lost an 18 carat gold necklace worth about £600.

I was stripping off some layers part way through a ride and it must have come off at the time. I rode the same trail for weeks after but never saw it again.

edward2000
    Free Member

Car keys, with my house key attached to it (no my sat nav does not have my home address stored). So even if I got home, I couldn’t call someone to change my lock, because my phone was in my car. And the security token to allow me to get into works server was attached to my car key. I was told to never ever lose this.

Luckily I retraced my steps and found them. It was the best day of my life.

amedias
    Free Member

Fortunately the only thing I’ve lost from jersey pocket has been a small bag of Jelly Babies, unfortunately it was after nearly 70miles of what should have been a 40mile ride across Dartmoor and I was desperately trying to stave off the bonk, I nearly cried 🙁

Yak

As amedias above – a packet of jelly babies. Lucky not to bonk I reckon, but I did slow down once I realised I’d lost them as I couldn’t face a bonk.

dizcostix
    Free Member

haha – a packet of Andrex wet toilet wipes 17ish miles into my first 102miler at the Wiggles Mega Meon.

Had just reached the bottom of a long quick descent when i realised the packet had gone – I still had both my socks as emergency backup but in the end I needn’t have worried – dump crisis was avoided

tomaso
    Free Member

Digital camera somewhere aroundabouts Elterwater/Little Langdale area on a night ride. It was dark when we finished and I noticed and it didn’t seem much point going searching…And it rained overnight and it didn’t seem any point having a morning search.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Left a pair of oakleys at hope cross, realised at the bottom of the beast 🙁

toppers3933
    Free Member

A rather expensive pair of oakleys. Was gutted. Retraced the entire ride but nothing. Turned the ride into one of the longest I’ve ever done, about 140 miles. Was so busy looking for sunnies I didn’t feel it at all.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Some rather nice Smith sunglasses.

Bugger.

sandwicheater

Nothing.

stumpy01

Touch wood – nothing so far.

I try to make sure I don’t mix things in the same pocket in case pulling one thing out, results in dragging something else out – e.g. I’ll never put my shell layer in the same pocket as my keys in case they get caught and dragged out with the jacket.

I generally have thin shell/arm warmers in one pocket, keys & phone in another and then perhaps food in the third pocket.
    Tools/tube are in saddle bag and pump fixed on bike so don’t have to worry about them…..

Jinxed myself now and will probably lose something next time I go out!!

66deg
    Free Member

crazy-legs

My car keys.
    Out MTBing north of Sedbergh (The Calf / Howgill Fells for those that know it) and half way round the loop I realised the back pocket of my windproof was unzipped and my car/house keys were no longer in it. Retraced my steps, the weather turned, I was alone on the fells (the rest of the group had carried on round the loop) in shit weather, didn’t find the keys anywhere. Got back to the car park, had to call out recovery truck to transport the car home then a locksmith to break into the house and change the locks; Sunday evening emergency call out wasn’t cheap!

When the tow truck driver unloaded the car at my house he bent the tow-eye and snapped the bumper so that was loads more expense and hassle, cost me my NCB (rest of it was all covered on insurance but still loads of hassle).

MoreCashThanDash

Actually, I’ve lost a pair of Oakleys as well. Discovered it about 3 miles in to a 5 mile walk home when I’d run out of inner tubes, and discovered that MrsMC doesn’t carry her mobile very often. Not a good day. I now carry patches as well.

Surprized at people losing Flare lights. Mine has been incredibly secure on the seatpost. Unlike the connection between the wires inside the **** thing….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dunno, don’t actualy rememember loosing anything.

I don’t usualy take much in a jersey though, bank card, few coins for the cafe, £30 lives under my insole for an emergency taxi.

mikewsmith – Member

I still don’t get why anyone would want to wear a rucksack MTBing. There’s reasons to (more water, more food, more spares, more clothes, Bivi, etc). But doing it out of choice is a bit odd.

But in the spirit of the thread, my dignity when I realised I’m a little tubby and should wear a baggy jersey and call myself an MTBer rather than cyclist in order to hide this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Most expensive thing you've lost from a jersey pocket?’ is closed to new replies.