Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Most expensive thing you bought on your credit card in one go, because you could
  • zokes
    Free Member

Amazing what you can get after you sell a decrepit Whyte 46 and the guff from the back of your shed on Ebay…

falkirk-mark

orange 5 pro

zokes
    Free Member

That would have been a more direct replacement, but the objective was to have less bikes, not more! Good call though… I guess the Whyte originally cost more, but I got that on finance from the bank of dad a few years ago now, so it wasn't really my CC!

stompy

My bestest toy 😀 although was more of a business buy…..

zokes
    Free Member

Christ – that looks like some serious machinery!

brakes
    Free Member

is that a bacon slicer?

wombat

A car, no pics I'm afraid

eldridge
    Free Member

A 13-day lift pass and 14 nights accommodation in Whistler

For four people

Could have bought a duck house with a moat and hired an illegal immigrant to clean it for that!

samuri
    Free Member

A room for two weeks at the Richardson Marriott hotel in Dallas. My company cocked up the booking so I had to pay for it on my own credit card, over 2000 dollars!

silverpigeon
    Free Member

A car on my Amex card. The dealer was livid but had ripped me off for about £400 on my part exchange. The car was £15,000 and I got 3% cash back from Amex. So sorted

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Dallas

You poor thing…you have my sympathies…a greater shithole of a city I never came across!

sparkywalts
    Free Member

A 2009 Specialized Demo 8 $4000

peajay

2 omega watches at the same time, my brother had forgot his card so I bought them both at the same time, mine is a seamaster americas cup limited edition and my bros is a speedmaster moon watch, not cheep!

seven
    Free Member

Something from dingwalls car auctions in london. Was about £2800, but sadly it wasn't me that bought it. new card was required, never found out what it was 🙁

kiwijohn

All my uni fees & expenses on the bosses credit card for the last 6 years 🙂

montylikesbeer

my 5 pro a few weeks ago £2,580.00

hora
    Free Member

🙄

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

👿

(I told her not ruin the shot, but she wouldn't budge)

oddjob
    Free Member

Fiat Punto on myu switch card 🙂
    Those were the days, a small car and money in the bank. Now I have a family car and no money in the bank

sharkbait
    Free Member

£27k on my switch card for a new car 9 years ago when I had 1 child and money – now I have 3 girls, no spare cash and the car's worth about £2500.
    There's a lesson there somewhere 😥
    The good thing is that the girls are 'priceless'!

Beagleboy

Orange 5, three years ago. Effectively still paying for him, and the frame snapped last week 🙁 I was very sad up to the point when I ordered a new Orange 5 frame yesterday. Now I'm very excited, it's one of those fancy scooped and swoopy ones.

I really must try and pay off my credit card debts though, I really must. 😈

B.

lowey

A Holiday to the Dom Rep.

I no longer possess a credit card however. Damn dangerous things.

Samuri,

No matter where you go in the world, rep-otel rooms always look the same.

TimP
    Free Member

I switched an Alfa Romeo 147 3 years ago. Felt pretty good at the time, now can't get rid of it!

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Porsche 911 997 Carerra S on Amex, and a fortnight in the Caribbean with the airmiles. ;o)

vinnyeh

The deposit on my first flat over here- it was only 2.5k, on a 40k flat in London at the end of the 90's.
    It was a really strange experience, far and away the most I'd ever put on a card in my life at that time, and for some reason it was a really exhilarating thing to do.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Most expensive thing you bought on your credit card in one go, because you could’ is closed to new replies.