Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Most annoying pedestrian activities.
  • IdleJon

spooky_b329 – Member

But far more annoying are the ignorant **** drivers that try to nose their way through the crossing on flashing amber as they feel the pedestrians are too slow. Sounded my horn at one recently who started to started to drive straight through a crossing full of kids, the kids scattered and the mum went bat***crazy at the guy now trapped halfway across and being screamed at :d

Years ago I watched a driver do this in Cardiff on international day. Quite amusing to watch a crowd of pretty drunk rugby fans batter the car as he got stuck in the middle of them. “Lock the doors and stare straight ahead…”

Cougar – Moderator

I wonder if it’s an age / generation thing? I knew about the ‘walking facing traffic’ thing because my gran taught me. Is it lost knowledge these days?

Or is it because most people think it’s unsafe to walk on roads these days so don’t learn things like that? As you’ve been debating on that other thread. 😉

MrWoppit
    Free Member

jambourgie – Member
    Well they should do if they’ve got a mind of their own. As long as it’s safe to so. Cars on the other hand should not. Because they weigh a tonne at least.

What, even if there’s nothing in the way? Don’t you think you’re acting like the teensiest, weensiest bit of a pillock?

Cougar

Or is it because most people think it’s unsafe to walk on roads these days so don’t learn things like that? As you’ve been debating on that other thread.

Bastard.

(-:

IdleJon

Cougar – Moderator

Or is it because most people think it’s unsafe to walk on roads these days so don’t learn things like that? As you’ve been debating on that other thread.

Bastard.

(-:

My work here is done! 😆 (It is actually – I’ve got stuff to do. :-))

ThePinkster

My biggest bugbear is them walking 3/4/5 (depending on pavement width) abreast the pavement dragging those wheelie suitcases/laptop cases, dawdling at a snails pace completely oblivious to anyone heading towards them either behind or in front.

I come across this on a daily basis and it does my nut in.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member
    What, even if there’s nothing in the way? Don’t you think you’re acting like the teensiest, weensiest bit of a pillock?

How so, for pressing the button ‘unnecessarily’, or having the opinion that cyclists should jump red lights if safe to do so? If the former, fair enough. I just think pedestrians should have more right of way than cars. If the latter, well it’s just an opinion… arrived at through common sense.

Edit: I should add that I only do it at one location, on a very busy road next to the park where I run. There’s always people at or approaching the crossing. I wouldn’t do it on some random quiet crossing. That would be childish 🙂

schnor
    Free Member

Schnor – did you never stop to wonder why the entire rest of the world prefers to walk facing the traffic that could hit them rather than with their backs to it?

That takes quite a ‘special’ level of intellect 🙂

Yes, and yes 😛 Being a Rights of Way Officer, that’s one of those things I really needed to know. Unknown unknowns and all that.

*runs away from the thread, but trips up on shoe laces which have been tied up wrong all these years*

Saying that though, a friend (yes really) last week confessed that up until he was 15 he thought the second toilet lid was only for the ladies. All those years of sitting *on* the porcelain 😯

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Most annoying pedestrian activities.’ is closed to new replies.