Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Morzine Pleney lift shut this summer – confirmed!
  • morzineofficial
    Free Member

MORZINE MOUNTAIN BIKING INFORMATION SUMMER 2013
    You can also find this info on our official website : http://www.morzine-avoriaz.com/news.html#VTTETE13

The Pléney gondola will be replaced with new lift equipment for winter 2013/14. This key new lift will provide improved capacity and better access to the winter ski area and for summer Mountain Biking in Morzine . Ground level access to the top and bottom lift stations will make for quicker access and ease of use.

As we await the opening of this new lift, and due to the scale of the works involved, the Pléney gondola will be closed for the 2013 summer season.

To ensure MTB activities, the local councils and the lift companies of Morzine-Avoriaz and Les Gets, will put in place the following solutions:

• Early opening, from the 15th of June 2013, of the Super Morzine gondola and the “Zore” chairlift. From the 28th of June, an earlier opening time of 08:30am and a 50% increase in the flow-rate will ensure free-flowing traffic.
    • A bus service adapted for carrying Mountain Bikes will be run daily between the resorts of Morzine and Les Gets from the 28th of June to the 1st of September 2013 (dates inclusive). This bus service will be reserved for those with a Portes du Soleil lift pass.
    • The Mountain Bike tracks between the resorts of Morzine and Les Gets will be marked out, signposted and maintained.

Further steps are also being examined to safeguard Mountain Biking in the Pléney area, and improve the flow capacity of the lift links between Morzine and Les Gets, by way of the the “Crusaz” and “Mouilles” chairlifts. More information will follow on this subject as soon as possible.

Reminder of lift opening dates:
    • Les Gets: Every weekend from the 25th of May and every day from the 15th of June to the
    8th of September 2013.
    • Morzine: Every day from the 15th of June to the 1st of September.
    • Portes du Soleil: The lift links will open for the Pass’Portes du Soleil VTT, on the 28th of June, and will run until the 1st of September 2013; allowing access to the 23 lifts open this summer and linking the 12 resorts of the Franco-Swiss area.

Everyone involved in the resorts of Morzine-Avoriaz and Les Gets is working tirelessly to make sure that Mountain Biking, which is vital to our local tourist economy, goes ahead this summer.

All other infrastructure in the resort of Morzine will run as normal for the summer 2013 season:
    • The “Crusaz” chairlift for pedestrians and summer toboggan.
    • The “Pointe de Nyon” chairlift for pedestrians.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Wow that’s great news that Morzine Offical have posted on here and made things clear. It’s going to continue to be a good hoilday in Morzine this year! and for those that don’t like it .. byee hope you have a great time elsewhere.

see you out there.

hora
    Free Member

Nice bit of stalking. Could that post be put up as a sticky Mods for holiday makers there this year?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

And the main point is the old, sweltering and ridiculously inefficient Pleney lift is being replaced with a ‘fit-for-purpose’ lift. That is long overdue.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I think I prompted that with a rampant “diss” of Morzine Avoriaz. Apologies Morzineofficial.

morzineofficial
    Free Member

MORZINE MOUNTAIN BIKING INFORMATION SUMMER 2013

You can find the following info on our official Tourism Office website : http://www.morzine-avoriaz.com/news.html#VTTETE13

The Pléney gondola will be replaced with new lift equipment for winter 2013/14. This key new lift will provide improved capacity and better access to the winter ski area and for summer Mountain Biking in Morzine . Ground level access to the top and bottom lift stations will make for quicker access and ease of use.

As we await the opening of this new lift, and due to the scale of the works involved, the Pléney gondola will be closed for the 2013 summer season.

To ensure MTB activities, the local councils and the lift companies of Morzine-Avoriaz and Les Gets, will put in place the following solutions:

• Early opening, from the 15th of June 2013, of the Super Morzine gondola and the “Zore” chairlift. From the 28th of June, an earlier opening time of 08:30am and a 50% increase in the flow-rate will ensure free-flowing traffic.
    • A bus service adapted for carrying Mountain Bikes will be run daily between the resorts of Morzine and Les Gets from the 28th of June to the 1st of September 2013 (dates inclusive). This bus service will be reserved for those with a Portes du Soleil lift pass.
    • The Mountain Bike tracks between the resorts of Morzine and Les Gets will be marked out, signposted and maintained.

Further steps are also being examined to safeguard Mountain Biking in the Pléney area, and improve the flow capacity of the lift links between Morzine and Les Gets, by way of the the “Crusaz” and “Mouilles” chairlifts. More information will follow on this subject as soon as possible.

Reminder of lift opening dates:
    • Les Gets: Every weekend from the 25th of May and every day from the 15th of June to the
    8th of September 2013.
    • Morzine: Every day from the 15th of June to the 1st of September.
    • Portes du Soleil: The lift links will open for the Pass’Portes du Soleil VTT, on the 28th of June, and will run until the 1st of September 2013; allowing access to the 23 lifts open this summer and linking the 12 resorts of the Franco-Swiss area.

Everyone involved in the resorts of Morzine-Avoriaz and Les Gets is working tirelessly to make sure that Mountain Biking, which is vital to our local tourist economy, goes ahead this summer.

All other infrastructure in the resort of Morzine will run as normal for the summer 2013 season:
    • The “Crusaz” chairlift for pedestrians and summer toboggan.
    • The “Pointe de Nyon” chairlift for pedestrians.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Les Gets: to the 8th of September 2013
    Morzine: to the 1st of September

This is the same every year and always seems to be a bit of a waste. I would think it would be worthwhile keeping the Morzine lifts open for the extra week?

chakaping
    Free Member

Sexy telecabine!

robbieclay

Le Sexy telecabine will be open for PDS and all summer for bikes, so says latest from Morzine tourism. Avoriaz quicker access to Les Lindarets and further afield than Super Morzine, Zore.

nigew
    Free Member

UPDATE

Update 21/04/2013
    In addition to the summer bus service, which will transport Mountain Bikers to Les Gets, the “Crousaz” and “Mouilles” chairlifts will be open to Mountain Bikers each morning from 8.30am to 10.30am; this will be dependent on the two chairlifts being certified for this use.

The “Crousaz” chairlift is unable to be used simultaneously by Mountain Bikers and Luge users. Therefore different time slots have been attributed for each group. Mountain Bikers will be able to use the chairlift from 8.30am to 10.30am and the rest of the day will be reserved for the luge.

As concerns the buses – these will run from 8.30-9.00am until 5.45pm (last departure from Morzine for Les Gets). The bus stop will be the usual bus stop at the Pleney.
    The buses will be equipped with trailers for transporting mountain bikes, with each being able to hold up to 30 bikes per trip.
    Two vehicles with trailers will be able to step in during peak periods in order to increase capacity.

These buses will be available to Portes du Soleil pass-holders and Mountain Bike traffic will be prioritised. Foot passengers, however, will also be able to use this bus service if all of the seats are not in use.
    So not all that bad after all

BoardinBob

Seems a bit daft to only allow us access to the chairlift for 2 hours in the morning. Still we can at least get some pleney riding in before heading over to Les Gets or up to Avoriaz and onwards

nigew
    Free Member

I presumed it was so that the buses didn’t get rammed first thing each morning.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Funnily enough the top lift station on the Pleney burnt down last night too.

honourablegeorge

If it wasn’t closed before, it deffo is now – this is the lift station, after a fire.

brakes
    Free Member

wooooaah!

allthegear
    Free Member

Seeing the top lift like that makes me a bit sad. Coming out of there was always the start of a new adventure…

Rachel

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Wow! Agreed it does look a bit sad and forlorn…..

I guess I’ll be driving over to Chatel most days then as the queues for either the bus (2 busses with a 30 bike capacity are going to be rammed!) or the Super Morzine will no doubt be grim.

I like the comment allthegear – it was always fun popping out of those horrible, stuffy bubbles and feeling the cool air at the top.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I just saw this on Facebook, its a good job they planned on replacing it over the summer or my skiing trip for next year might be in jeopardy!

nigew
    Free Member

Oh no!!!

MarkN
    Free Member

Insurance job? Hopefully this will not delay the return to service date.

pickle
    Free Member

I woke up one morning on the concrete steps of the pleney lift after one or more drinks. Christ i was so drunk that night, woke up with a very wet and cold sensation 😕

Stumbled back to the hotel and found out i’d attempted to pull the owners wife…….after pointing out all her fellas bad points to her, with him sat opposite.

We didn’t get great service from them after that 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

I woke up one morning on the concrete steps of the pleney lift after one or more drinks. Christ i was so drunk that night, woke up with a very wet and cold sensation 😕

Stumbled back to the hotel and found out i’d attempted to pull the owners wife…….after pointing out all her fellas bad points to her, with him sat opposite.

We didn’t get great service from them after that 🙂

It was an awesome holiday though!!

legend
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member

Seems a bit daft to only allow us access to the chairlift for 2 hours in the morning.

Not if it puts off luge users from handing over cash it isn’t.

The new cable car/gondola in Prodains isn’t going to help much either, unless they move it from Prodains.

EDIT: However, this would be awesome: http://www.morznet.com/events/news/plans-for-new-ski-lift-to-connect-morzine-and-avoriaz.html

dantsw13

Does anybody know the start dates this year for the pleney replacement lifts? We are off to Les Gets from 21-24 Jun, and would like to pop over to morzine as well without getting stuck.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Seeing the top lift like that makes me a bit sad. Coming out of there was always the start of a new adventure…

this.

dantsw13

Same question? Any updates available on the pleney replacement for early season?

bren2709

Answer to your question is posted in one of the above posts!

BoardinBob

Anyone been out yet? How’s the situation getting out or Morzine? Is the early lift access on Pleney ok and the bus service to Les Gets? How are the queues for Super Morzine

forge197
    Free Member

There is two charilifts running to get to the top of the pleney, runs from 8:45 to 10:00 though seen bikes after this, takes a fair time to get to the top but does so that’s good, seen but not used bus basically a bus with bike trailer out back.

Queues maybe a little longer but not too grim flow rate is up so is moving people well, doesn’t seem massively more than normal.

So all in all good in my opinon.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Didn’t manage to catch the lift on the day of the ppds and caught the bus back to Les Gets instead which was alright, but involved a bit of waiting around, once a day is enough.

From what I could see a lot of the Le Pleney tracks aren’t in very good shape as the diggers have ploughed through a lot of the trails.
    Having said that there’s a rather nice new trail over the Super Morzine side, and plenty of riding over the Avoriaz side which is only a few min ride away.

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Morzine Pleney lift shut this summer – confirmed!’ is closed to new replies.