Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Morzine extra costs. Lift passes/bike hire etc?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

We’re thinking of going to Morzine for a long weekend in June and apart from accomodation what other costs would we be looking at? I have no idea of lift pass costs or bike hire. Are there any decent bike rental shops in the area? Have searched it, and seems that a lot of people really don’t rate the hire bikes at all. Any advice from previous trips gratefully recieved even if it’s “don’t go there, go here instead” Looking for nice long lift assisted singletrack.

johnhe

There are definitely lots of good rental shops, although rental bikes are always a bit of a gamble. Early in the season is obviously better, since the bikes are newer. It’s very expensive hiring a decent bike.

From memory the lift passes were about €15 per day, and bike hire was something like €75 per day.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Careful. The lifts open sometime in june and I think they stagger the opening a bit too, check the dates.

Morzine and les gets are superb in my opinion but they are very dh orientated. Still possible to have loads of fun on a 100mm bike (I was jumping tabletops on an epic after my first week there) although you should be looking at 140mm plus or dh bike if you can afford it.

imnotamused
    Free Member

Oh and I was looking for nice lift assisted singletrack when I went there but that le pleney dh track is just sooo addictive!

dingabell
    Free Member

Good tip about checking the lifts are open.Shame we can’t take our own bikes. Would give me an excuse to spend some money on it beefing it up.

Ambrose

It might be better to wait until the Pass’portes du Soleil weekend at the end of June. All the lifts will be open after that allowing mile upon mile of uplifted XC fun 🙂

http://www.passportesdusoleil.com/passportes-2013-edition.html

therag
    Free Member

Extra costs, road tolls €140 return trip, lift pass €17 pd, food & drink prices always get a slating but is no more than any popular holiday destination. Personal ins. €40 for long weekend.
    Do it, you’ll love it!

unklehomered
    Free Member

Food, beer, etc.

Oddly I mostly can’t be bothered with Plenny, it was all braking bumps when we were there. Les Linderats FTW, could spend all day there, it’s like a little bike utopia.

finners

I’ve never rented in Morzine. But I have used the Torico bike shop quite a few times for bits n pieces. The guys are always very helpful.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i would second torico. dont use the shop at the bottom of plenny, pure pap. pop down to bar robinson for a mutzig and across the road for your dinner.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Morzine extra costs. Lift passes/bike hire etc?’ is closed to new replies.