Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Morzine Camping (Or close to…)
  • finners

Heading to Morzine in July with a few friends. We would like to camp whilst there. Is there anywhere in or as close to Morzine as possible??

There are 5 of us, so i guess a chalet may be a possibility…

thanks 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

Definitely go for a chalet. You should be able to get one for £500-600, maybe even less. Its a nice way to enjoy the mountains and relax after biking with proper showers, kitchen, beer fridge, safe bike storage, etc.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

so, camping or chalet?!

loads of cheap chalets available, try the search tool there are loads of threads discussing this.

camping, le grange au frene in Les Gets is excellent and well equipped (indoor cooking and eating, hot showers, drying room, daily early morning baker run etc) except for being at the top of a road climb above the town. there is a campsite in morzine itself but I didnt even get out of the car it was so sterile and soulless and full of camper vans, we turned around and went to Le Grange, and returned for a few years before the luxury of a chalet outweighed the saving of camping…

Ambrose

Snow and Trek dot com have been good to us in the past, we have stayed up towards Les Prodains at Le paix (top chalet). It is very quiet and definately needs a car to get to and from the bars etc. And has been fabulous!

TBH- If there are five of you I’d definately go down the chalet route. You know how the weather can turn in Portes du Soleil- imagine that in a tent!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

as Ambrose said I definately wouldn’t stay in Lse Prodains unless you want to drive into Morzine every evening. We stayed there this winter for skiing and it was ace but wouldn’t in the summer.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Defo go for a small chalet / apartment. Try the tourist office.

emski
    Free Member

Hi there

My sister runs a chalet in Morzine just 2 km from the centre with a great room we stay in and can sleep 5. We stayed last summer and it has a fantastic garden for barbecuing, garage and washing facilities. The atmosphere is really relaxed and she will let you use the kitchen and bring your own beers etc.

Prices are good too from 30 euros per person per night B&B.

Their website is http://www.easiski.co.uk or check their reviews on hostelbookers- chalet damo

Emma

Joe

Just ghetto camp under the lifts.

steveh

If you want a proper site I’d go for the one in Montriond just below morzine. There’s a nice run down at the end of the day to it from the lake/les lindarets and easy spin up the river in the morning in to morzine and the lifts. Plenty of space and decent facilities.

morzine
    Free Member

Hi there
    I’ve just moved to Morzine and would be happy to check anything out you need. Ir gets me out of the flat. But then you probably already came 🙂
    Helen@rttc.co.za

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Morzine Camping (Or close to…)’ is closed to new replies.