Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Morzine area – stuff for the missus?
  • portydave
    Free Member

Hello.

as above really……does anyone have any recomendations of areas and/or loops that would be enjoyed by ‘her indoors’? Whilst she can ride a bike, she is not the most confident of bikers, so looking for fairly easy stuff. Something like lift assisted cross country type loops would be ideal, but open to any suggestions. We are staying in Morzine, but have a car so traveling elsewhere in the vacinity would be a possibility.

Cheers folks!

jambalaya
    Free Member

My two “normal tips” on here.

Red trail round the top of Mont Chery side, great lunch spot at small Mont Caly village restaurant with fabulous views. On ride round back to Les Gets there is one rocky section but apart from that she should be fine. Also from top of Les Gets if you ride round the road to Lac Joux Plane and then take rutted cow path to cross at La Bourgeoise you can have a picnic with stunning view of Mont Blanc. Return same way and descend back to Morzine via PdS route. Have a look on the maps. Will try and post up some photos later to give you an idea.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Swimming pool?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@porty you could take the car and bikes up to Linderets basin and then roll down the road into the goat village itself for a look around, then drop down to Lac Montriond, ride round the lake (left side) and then via PdS link along river in to Morzine. You could then get the lifts back up to Linderets and collect car. (she may be able to ride from Morzine as I recall there are fireroad links down from top lift into Linderets, I do recall seeing two Brits husband and wife on very simple hardtails who’d done the same. To be honest most of the marked PdS route is pretty straightforward. The river path from Morzine to Saint-Jean d’Aulps you can roll up and down

portydave
    Free Member

cheers folks, keep them coming!!

spa looks good…..i think thats where she may be when i disapear to go biking with the lads!!

Scamper
    Free Member

The basic tourist piste map has green/blue/red/black xc routes marked on it, although some of the blues are a little boring. The black is really only black due to its length, climbing and time taken – nice view of mount blanc. Think there was only one section my Wife couldn’t manage down to a stream crossing near the end. One of the reds is the Mont Cherry loop Jambalaya describes. The blast Jambalaya describes back down from the Goat village is fun, but don’t miss the signage when it dives off the road. This can be accessed by taking the Super Morzine up to the top, pleasant cycle along the ridge and down the VTT trail from I think Col de Joux Verts – it has some sections of steeper slighty rocky single track nearer the start but nothing you can’t push a bike down easily. It then flattens out, takes you past half way down the Avoriaz DH runs and widens out into double track which swings round into Les Linderates and onto the Goat Village

nashwaymule
    Free Member

Having faced this issue a few years ago we found plenty to amuse the wives whilst we went off hooning it.

The Panaromic from the top of chatel down is a very easy green, the DH boys tend to stay off it also.
    + 1 for round the lake Montriond nice day good opportunity to do some swimming as well.
    Golf in Avoriaz (maybe your thing)
    loads and loads of walking, the hike from Morzine to Les Gets then bus back.
    Chamonix is 40 mins by car and is very pretty
    Horse riding centre just outside Morzine (again if thats your thing)
    There was a zip line thing on the top of Chatel not sure if thats still there though.
    Some stunning towns and villages along Lac Leman (SE corner) particularly Chillon Castle which is just outside Montreaux.

Scamper
    Free Member

Plus one for the Panaromic – the missus loved this and we did it as an add on to the Montriond run. Get the lift back up to the top, take the short and gentle DH run to the top of the black and then the zig zag long fire road back down into Lindarets.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Morzine area – stuff for the missus?’ is closed to new replies.