Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Morzine alternatives from the stw hive needed.
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

We’ve just got back from an ace 2 weeks away with kids (7&9 yrs old).
    We would like to do a similar holiday but somewhere else next year as we are keen to explore other options. (would love to return to Morzine but we’ll give it a few years so it doesn’t become too familiar).

Any ideas in Europe? Must have predominantly good weather & decent trails with chairlifts (kids not too keen on uphill) and other fun outdoor activities for non riding days..

Any ideas would be great cheers.

nickjb
    Free Member

We keep looking. There are certainly alternatives but not much that can offer everything that Morzine does in one package. Depends which bits are important to you.

sideshow
    Free Member

If you’re happy driving to trails, there are places with a few smaller bike parks clustered together

Les Deux Alpes + Alp D’Huez

Les Arcs + Tignes + that one by the Italian border + La Thuile

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve looked into it a few times too, I’ve looked an other resorts, but none of them have the same mix of riding for kids and riding for adults, lifts and most importantly for us non-riding/walking activities.

Sometimes the obvious choice is the right choice.

seavers
    Free Member

A friend of mine has just come back from a family in Austria. I can find out where exactly if you like. But, he went off a lot to ride. Loads of uplifts and riding similar to Manzine. The best bit there was an abundance of stuff for his 2 kids (6-10) to do in the mountains, most of it was free too.

We are thinking of going for our next riding holiday, it looks stunning and it sounds like the riding is spot on too.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Seavers that would be great if you could..

@everyone else, I’d go every year and have done for the last few, but the Mrs isn’t keen on trying the same place year in year out and ending up having essentially the same holiday, eating at the same places riding the same trails etc etc

P-Jay
    Free Member

carlphillips – Member

Seavers that would be great if you could..

@everyone else, I’d go every year and have done for the last few, but the Mrs isn’t keen on trying the same place year in year out and ending up having essentially the same holiday, eating at the same places riding the same trails etc etc

I’m the same, been every year bar this one and once I went to Whistler instead.

Taken the family twice and they’ve loved it both times, but my Wife is worried we’d get bored of it and hates the drive, she also likes sandy beaches and guaranteed 25c+ sunny weather so next years we’re going to Spain (no bikes allowed), god help me.

I’m going to try to get down with my mates for PDS.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Does it need to be chairlifts or will a vehicle uplift fit the bill?
    If so…
    1. Garda
    2. Finale

NB, I have never been to Morzine so can’t offer a direct comparison.

lister

Just come back from a week with The White Room. We rode several places that looked child friendly. Tignes – le Lac looked amazing and the lifts are free. Nice trails over to Val d’Isere and back.
    Les Arcs was good, funicular up from Bourg St Maurice seemed a good way to go.
    La Rosiere up by the Italian border also looked good for kids.

I’m planning a family trip next year, some time in Annecy and some time based at Tignes I would think.

Lots of places are hiring little (20″ and 24″) full sus bikes and armour/full face helmets for kids too which seems like a good move for uplifts.

ads678

How about down in the Pyrenees, in the Ariege/Aude regions there are lots of resorts like Ax Le Thermes, Les Angles and Andorra have uplift, there are plenty rivers for rafting, lakes for swimming and lots of walking and it’s only a couple of hours from the med coast so you could do a few days down there as well.

carlphillips
    Free Member

hmm andorra has raised an eybrow.. will go check that out

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Morzine alternatives from the stw hive needed.’ is closed to new replies.