Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Morzine – adding bikes/MTB to a standard multipass?
  • reggiegasket
    Free Member

We’re off to Morzine soon and have a multipass as part of the accommodation which allows for access to pools, and lifts for walking BUT we have bikes too – so the question is;
    can you add bikes to the pass if you pay a supplement?

or will we need to buy a totally separate pass for bikes?

ta.

rockhopper70

I think the latter, from my summer there three years ago.

Stoner
    Free Member

Completely separate I’m afraid.

If it’s any consolation your multipass cost your accommodation less than I can buy it for 🙁

Depending on what and how you ride you can work out whether multi day passes or 12x carnets make more sense.

I do lift assist xc stuff so carnet work for me. DH monkeys would be mad to buy anything but multi day passes.

Email when you arrive if you want to hook up. Based in Montriond.

carlphillips
    Free Member

totally separate passes

MSP

It is separate, multipass is a fraction of the cost of a bike pass.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

cheers.

Thanks for the offer stoner. I’m there from the 12th onwards so I’ll drop you an email. I know montriond as I stayed with Zeb a few years ago.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Stoner are BBQ’s allowed at the lake?

Stoner
    Free Member

I can look through zeb s kitchen window at him eating dinner. Creepy…

Ive not seen any BBQs at the lake but morznet have suggested it as a good BBQ spot.

Where are you staying reggie?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Completely separate, multipass is only €2 a day or something and probably the best bargain in holidaydom – bike passes are €14 a day or something.

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s only €2 if you get it through your accommodation, otherwise it’s €8. That’s still OK, but you need to do a couple of lifts or go swimming to get close to breaking even.

carlphillips
    Free Member

sorry for the hijack
    Cheers Stoner,
    I asked a mate who lives there but he didn’t know, we’ll pack the BBQ now then!!
    Also the pds route down to the lake and back down to morzine is it child friendly? they are 7 & 9 but fairly decent riders.

Stoner
    Free Member

Pds route:

From lindaret to Ardentb
    Down the road. Switchbacks, avg 9% or so

At Ardent the pds route is diverted down the road to the end of the lake as they are working on the bridge and track that goes to Les albertans from up Valley.

However you can get on to the double track (flat and level) at the upstream end of the lake.

At the downstream end of the lake you can get back on the pds route along the river, la dranse. This is a broad rocky track that steepens at times, before becoming easier and then out onto a quiet road. but based on Stoner #1 (8yr) Jr’s woeful skills from taking after his old man, I it’s v doable for 7-9.

After that, follow the pds sign past the gendarmerie then for returning to Morzine you can stay on the right bank of the river to town but I reckon it’s nicer riding up the left bank having crossed on the footbridge at the montriond football pitch. 4yr old Stoner#2 he can happily ride from there to town, All this should be easy enough to follow on geoportail. But if you still have qus, post or email when you get out.

BoardinBob

Route back along the river from montriond to the swimming pool is in a bit of a state. I presume its due to the floods earlier in the year. A lot of it is completely washed away but there are diversions

(Stoner, was that you and your Mates that sat at my table at Le Cottage a few weeks ago?)

carlphillips
    Free Member

cheers!

Stoner
    Free Member

Nah. Got no mates.

The river route did get shagged but it’s back on both sides as far as the bottom montriond roundabout after some heroic groundwork, there is one section on the right bank path still out (near the wood yard), straightforward diversion.

Running down the right bank towards St Jean d’Aulpes there’s another section out but only needs 109yrds on the road to bypass, took the Jr’s down there and back the other day, no big problems.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

stoner, I’m staying at the chalet cor de chasse in Morzine in the middle of town, near the tourist office.

I’d be interested in getting some ideas for kids routes too, as I’m bringing an 8&10 yr old.

carlphillips
    Free Member

green runs at Les Gets are ok cycling from Morzine will be fun for them too.
    Anything else depends on their ability I guess..I’m going to try a circular route someone suggested on here on another thread from les gets, the tour du plateau de Loex, pleney family run too if its still there, marked blue on the map.

Stoner
    Free Member

Route around the loex is fine, only one hairy little climb. The longer black (xc black, not dh black) route is a nice one to do on your own when free of the kids.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Stoner glad to hear the purchase has worked out so,well, sounds like you’re having a great time

Stoner
    Free Member

Really having top time. Cycling with the boys every day. Riding proper or doing a mountain walk every other. Mrs Stoner swimming, running or cycling training the alternate days. Means we both get recovery days.

Parcours dans les arbres with the boys this morning. Playing in the river later.

And we’re out here for 5wks. Top.

PS, Jamba, is it you that often recommend the samoens descent? Got a note of the trail start?

igm

5wks?

Maybe see you later. I’m Les Gets in a bit.

Les Ecureuils in Les Gets was a lovely green downhill for our 8 year old (now 9) last year. His little brother was on s LOCT seat on my bike.

The Les Gets pump track is also good for kids.

The Tour de Golf goes from Les Gets to the top of the Plenney lift and back. Doable by an 8 year old with a little pushing but that could be used to go for lunch in Les Gets and let the 8 year old at the pump track.

Stoner
    Free Member

Here till sometime during the last week in August when we shall start moseying our way back to blighty via a mate’s on the loire. Ping me when you get here igm.

Big walk yesterday. Quads on strike today.

igm

Probably overlap by a couple of days.

I have your number – I’ll text when we get there.

Stoner
    Free Member

Wilco

dashed
    Free Member

We’ve added multipass to our bike passes before. I seem to remember we took the multipass voucher to the lift office when we bought VTT passes. It meant our bike passes let us get into swim etc rather than carrying a second pass.

tonyg2003

Hi Stoner – 5wks! hats off to you.

We are out in Les Gets at the end of next week (MrsG and MiniG – 12yo) for two weeks. Stoner – Can I PM you to get some route advice for the G’s? We’ve been to Les Gets/Morzine before but could use some route reminders. I’ll also be out on the road bike over those two weeks if anyone wants to ride a few cols.

Stoner
    Free Member

Pm me Tony, Mrs Stoner often up for another Road climb…

mtbmorzinebeds
    Free Member

Hi Guys

In the future you can try http://www.mtbmorzinebeds.com

We have bike specific accommodation in the centre of Morzine with Karcher jet washes, Park tool stands, tools and track pump along with free Juice lubes products for all our clients. We can also help with discounted transfers, bike hire and mechanical work.

Drop us an email through the site and we are always happy to help anyway we can.

Cheers

mtbmorzinebeds

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Morzine – adding bikes/MTB to a standard multipass?’ is closed to new replies.