Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Morzine accommodation recommendations
  • rascal
    Free Member

Planning next year’s trip – a long-overdue trip to Morzine.
    Only thing is I have no idea where to look – where’g good/bad/indifferent etc.
    There’ll be 5 of us all taking our own bikes.
    Would consider fully catered or B&B only.

I’d like to hear of any must-go-to places within the Morzine area that you’d happily recommend please 🙂

boltonjon

Hi Rascal

http://www.moremountain.com/

Couldn’t recommend them enough – myself or friends have stayed with them over the last 4 seasons – very good. They’ve got a broad range of chalets sizes and i thought the pricing was great

The staff are super and the food they prepare in the bigger chalets is well nice

Cheers

BearBack
    Free Member

Not stayed with them and but the owners worked for us for a season here in Whistler and delivered a great product and clearly understood what bikers need.

driftriding.co.uk

skiboy
    Free Member

+1 more for Moremountain, used them this year already booked again for next year.

lfc856
    Free Member

We’ve stayed with Rude Chalets twice now, fully catered in Winter and self-catered in Summer.

Fantastic accommodation, food and people. We stayed in “Petite Chapelle” (or Chapelle 3 as it’s called in the summer) and had a great time.

Rude Chalets

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

Chalet Montana is pretty good for 5 lads, its not the Four Seasons by any means but Zeb the owner will show you round a bit if you ask him plus they do HB, have a good garage and workshop, resident mechanic, cheap honesty bar, sky TV, pool table, etc etc. only thing that let it down for me was the bedrooms, perfecdtly clean like, just very basic. its also a little ride to the lifts which is fine but would put me off staying there in winter. bang on if on a budget.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Two places I’ve stayed, for your research;

Hotel Grand Teton, bike wash and store, small garden for tinkering with bike, close to Bar Robinson and a short pedal to the bridge and Super Morzine Lift. Half or full board, quite economical for a hotel. Limited car parking.

Chalet Ski Blue Ridge, very nice and welcoming chalet on the outskirts of Les Gets (Morzine side), good bike store and work area. They do very good transfers from airport whether you stay with them or not.

nickjb
    Free Member

Would consider fully catered or B&B only.

Don’t discount self catered chalets. You can get a whole ski chalet very cheaply in the summer. DIY breakfast is easy and you can fill the fridge with beer. Lots of places to eat out. The standard of chalets in Morzine is very high.

rascal
    Free Member

I’ve stayed in Morzine 3 times before: first time with Endless Ride in 2004, and twice we hired out chalets (2006, 2007) though there must be a load that have sprung up/gone in that time.
    I wouldn’t rule out self-catering – 5 blokes fending for themselves (even fairly responsible ones) just takes more hassle/organising than someone else doing it for you, even if it’s cheaper 😉

Fat-boy-fat

On pretty much the same subject. It looks like our trip next year will be to go back to the PPDS.

We’ve stayed with EndlessRide, RideMorzine and a self catered chalet in the past.

Probably looking at about 12 folk in total.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a company that could see us right for the PPDS long weekend (rather than a week)?

We’re looking at rudechalets but most of the folk going on the trip seem to like catered instead.

Fat-boy-fat

Oo. Also. Is Chatel a better option? We’ve only ever stayed in Morzine before and it was a bit lifeless the last time we stayed.

chakaping
    Free Member

Chatel’s hardly party central either. Even when the PPdS is on.

most of the folk going on the trip seem to like catered instead.

As mentioned above Chalet Montana in Montriond offer a nice dinner for a reasonable price – and it’s only a short ride from Morzine.

Good option if you’re on a budget.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for a company that could see us right for the PPDS long weekend (rather than a week)?

@Fat-boy, yes Ski Blue Ridge do long PPdS weekends (I have done it that way with them). Not sure if the chalet sleeps 12 though. FYI we rode the Les Gets trails before the event (inc Samoens descent and taxi back) and then for the PPdS rolled down the hill to Morzine to start there, it does cut the actual day down distance wise but makes it a bit more relaxed or you can add in the Torgon loop if you wish.

Morzine is busier than the other PdS resorts in the evenings. The Alps are quieter in the summer. Hence ride, have a few beers, then home shower and dinner.

portlyone

We stayed with FlowMTB and were very happy, a quick google suggests they don’t exist any more…?

fingerbang
    Free Member

I’ve always self catered when I’ve gone. There’s 2 supermarche’s in town. You’ll have plenty of time to cook dinner given the closing time of the chairlift and it gives you something to do at night instead of getting paralytic on Leffe and embarrassing yourself in cavern club

Jase
    Free Member

jambalaya do you mean Ski Bluebell? stayed with them and would highly recommend.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Jasse, yes it’s one in the same – Ski Blue Ridge’s chalet is called Chalet Bluebell – very confusing !

@FatBoy I just checked and they can accommodate up to 18

linky

Jase
    Free Member

Ah I see. We ended up having all our meals there too and food was great.

BoardinBob

I honestly don’t think there’s a bad place to stay in Morzine. Only risk would be ending up in Montriond or other out of town location. The super morzine side of the town is very quiet but the pleney side has all the bars, shops etc.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 Chalet Montana and Zeb. Down in Montriond but it’s no big ride home.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

This place, Chalet Morzine. Bloody amazing/fantastic.

The owners are lovely people and run the place like a home from home.

Fat-boy-fat

Cheers for the info. I was a bit disappointed in Morzine this year. Quiet … If Chat el is no more lively, I think we’ll keep on in Morzine. Cheers for the links. I’ll have a look.

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve been to morzine, was great to experience the alps for the first few times there but we’ve been to les arcs for the last two years staying in bourg saint Maurice. Nice/bigger place to stay and imo the riding is way way better

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Morzine accommodation recommendations’ is closed to new replies.