Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Morvelo sizing experience
  • spooked
    Free Member

Hi guys,

I have just received a new Morvelo jersey and bib shorts both the nth series.

I went by their sizing guide, my chest is 37 inches and my waist is 32 inches which put me in the medium category.

I couldn’t do the top up and it seems to be smaller than my Campagnolo top from many moons ago. Im after a road fit rather than baggy to show off the lack of any manly muscle that I haven’t got.

Before I order a size up I’m just wondering what anyone else’s experiences of sizing would be? Judging by the size of the jersey I should go three sizes up… and I’m a beanpole.

Or could it be a smaller top that’s got the wrong label in it and sent out?

Just thought I would check first before I re-order or go for another brand which would be a shame as I would like to support a Brighton based company being that I live here.

Noticed some of the stitching on the top has come unthreaded too 🙁

Thanks for any help!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I don’t think their newer stuff is as good. The sizing is fairly odd too. The arm grippers are just plain stupid, amazed anyone with more than a bit of skin and bone has any circulation left in their arm. The earlier stuff I have from them is great though.

Gotama
    Free Member

Yes, the sizing definitely comes up small in the tops. I’m an XXl in Morvelo and an XL in Rapha. And whilst also keen to support a relatively local company (having got a Christmas load of stuff from morvelo) if I had the choice of a full price Morvelo jersey or picking up a Rapha in their current sale then I would definitely tend towards the latter based on quality alone.

spooked
    Free Member

Ah ok. Fiddle sticks. That’s a massive shame.

spooked
    Free Member

How does the rapha stuff size up?

MoreCashThanDash

Iirc, Rapha made their sizing more realistic/less race whippet when they got popular in America.

spooked
    Free Member

Cheers. This could be an expensive morning 😀

Gotama
    Free Member

For me rapha (in jerseys) sizes up spot on. I’m a 42 chest but fairly broad shoulders and an XL fits perfectly. I didn’t want a skin tight fit though. They seem to be cut longer in the body than morvelo as well as I find the morvelo stuff quite short.

Re the fit for rapha, i’m referring to my only experience which is one of these which I got in the summer when they first went into the sale.

http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/trade-team-jersey/product/TTJ02

Not sure if their ‘Team Kit’ comes up with a snugger fit.

vondally
    Free Member

sizing odd……normally large, but have kit from a ‘true’ size large to xxl to medium….. :roll:…….quality variable as well, some of my older stuff brilliant others not good at all

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ordered a couple of their tech riding tees for our Spanish hol, mate said their stuff came up small, so I red red XL instead of my usual L. They are massive, and I hate tees that are baggy, so they’re going back. Thankfully wiggles return system is spot on.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They just need to hire Assos man

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought a Morvelo jersey earlier this year and the sizing is on the skimpy side. I’m usually a small in rapha for example which gives a close, but not too tight, fit. The Morvelo medium is a similar size to the rapha small.

Yes the sleeves look great but they are extremely tight.

I don’t have any quality issues with it though and it’s a really nice jersey.

spooked
    Free Member

Strangely enough anything I have in Assos is a perfect fit. I don’t look like Assos man however. At least I dont think I do.

I am going to give it another whirl and buy the next size up and see how that fares. Hopefully the tight sleeves will show off my guns. Either that or cut off circulation to my hands which might not be a bad thing.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Morvelo model.

spooked
    Free Member

Not far off 😀

Stiggy

😆

cloudnine
    Free Member

Size up on the Nth Series jerseys.. Bibs are about right

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Morvelo sizing experience’ is closed to new replies.