• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DT78.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Morvelo – quality and sizing?
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a new road jersey for my birthday and a few of the Morvelo designs have caught my eye. They’re pretty expensive, however, so I was wondering if anyone can comment on the quality? Worth the money?

Also wondering about sizing. I like a very close ‘race fit’ in my jerseys and usually take a Large in Castelli and Sportful. Will I need to go a size down in Morvelo, or are they pretty snug too?

Thanks.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Pretty snug, in a good way IME. Quality of everything I’ve had off em has been great.

rockhopperbike

snug as, same as howies imho if that helps

ratherbeintobago

snug as, same as howies imho if that helps

Sorry – to be clear, the sizing’s the same as Howie’s?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Think, particularly with the upper body, Howies border on eating disorder sizing.
    I’d say Morvelo is normal fit XC/Cross cyclist snug than Chris Froome.
    If it helps I find Endura slightly baggy and Howies tops too skinny round the shoulders.

number18
    Free Member

There was a feature on them in ST 84 or 85, seems like their products are really well thought through and I’d try them out based on that!

kinger

On the contrary, while I find the Morvelo quality very good I find the sizing quite loose for the jerseys. Bibshorts are a ‘typical’ size whereas my ‘medium’ jersey is a fair bit looser (and a little longer) fit than most other brands in the same size.

DT78
    Free Member

I wear a large jersey 39″ chest / 33″ waist if that helps it is a good fit. Not super tight. Really like the styles, imo not as good quality as some similarly priced jerseys I have. Zip is a pita to undo whilst on the bike, the material is mid weight and the pockets have started to go (though I did use them to hold a 750ml water bottle when on longer road rides. I’d buy again, but many because I like the look of them

ashfanman
    Free Member

Just read some more of the sizing bumf on Morvelo’s website and they say their jerseys are “slim fit…not skin tight”. So I’m guessing a large might be a bit too big for me.

Can anyone comment on how they size up compared to Castelli?

DT78
    Free Member

Bigger than castelli. My large castelli road top is skin tight, Morevelo is a good fit but not race fit like that. Just buy a medium and a large and return the one?

Castelli is better quality

BadlyWiredDog

The sizing seems a bit variable and a bit random. They use different factories and different lines size differently – the gilets are huge ime, other stuff isn’t. I’d ask them before buying, but on the plus side they have a great returns/refund policy and they’re really nice guys.

Nice kit, but I don’t think the sizing is consistent, which makes it a little bit of an unoredictable buying experience.

nicks
    Free Member

Castelli im an XL.. Morvelo im an L

Had a few jerseys and happy with Quality.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I got one of the Enduro jerseys from the tuesday stw giveaway thing.
    Its a medium and its surprisingly snug on my 38″ chest, but thats a goid thing.
    Fabric is nice, but snags too easily.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Technical t shirts fit me perfectly in XL the jerseys were sprayed on and went back.

c_klein87

i’m fairly slender 31″ waist and always bought a medium, had 3 generations of their shorts, always been very comfy but the quality has got worse, my third pair have been repaired several time whereas my first pair have never been touched, so for 85quid i won’t be buying them again

http://chris-noble-mtb.blogspot.co.uk

cloudnine
    Free Member

Have you seen any good deals on movelo stuff?
    Have a few tshirt s which I really like but fancy a road jersey too..

willstaffs
    Free Member

When you place an order they send you a code for 15% off next order normally, so buy one t shirt then get the rest with 15% off!

joolsburger
    Free Member

There was a morevelo sale on sports pursuit don’t know if still on though.

DT78
    Free Member

So, my 2014 large top turned up yesterday, comparing to a 2012. Better quality zip and reinforced pockets, so both my moans resolved, fabric is still midweight but has some lighter vented stuff under the pits, so should be a bit cooler but still not a high temp jersey (for me).

Overall much nicer, but then again they’ve gone up in price

Sizing as above, large in castelli is skin tight on me (can see my lumpy collar bone…) Morvelo is a little bit bagger still a good fit. The sleeves however are really tight not sure if this is a trend for ‘compression’ stuff but my arms aren’t that big. I’d say if you have decent sized biceps you might struggle!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Morvelo – quality and sizing?’ is closed to new replies.