Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Mortgage advice.
  • Mooly
    Free Member

So does anyone one know the best source of getting mortgage advice?
    Looking to move house after a split and need to find out whats available in terms how many times salary ypu are able to get nowadays.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

An independent financial advisor?

Multiples of salary seem to be a little outdated as a measure. Most important factor is the size of your deposit. Than will impact the rates available and the loan/value they will go for. Also what you pay for a house does not equal it’s value especially in the banks eyes)

djflexure

If you go to a broker like Charcoal then they can advise you on a wider market than a single provider. Advice is free, you pay them a fee if you take a mortgage with them. Will give you a good idea. Alternatively look for a building society that provides the sort of deal you might need.

mrmo
    Free Member

currently speaking to London and Country seem ok so far, but i haven’t got very far yet.

All i would caution, whatever they say they will give you, make sure YOU ARE HAPPY WITH THE REPAYMENTS!!!

ampthill

I’d start with something like the moneysupermarket mortgage comparison thing. That way when you meet an advisor you’ll have some idea if what they are saying looks like a good deal.

longj
    Free Member

If you’re looking for a ball park figure ay the moment then most banks have mortgage calculators where you put in some details and will show how much they will lend you. Also moneysupermarket.com will search through loads of different deals for you according to the details you enter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Mortgage advice.’ is closed to new replies.