Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Morocco trip this November
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

http://www.cycleactive.co.uk/mountain/africa/morocco.html

I’ve booked to go on this (frankly amazing looking) trip with Cycle Active in November, but they are still just short of minimum numbers so in a blatant attempt to make sure it goes ahead, I’m posting on here.

Just check out the itinerary and imagine yourself whizzing through those world heritage sites, go on u know you want to. The Mrs (or Mr, just to be balanced) will be fine about it. Just tell her you are popping out for a paper like that bloke who went to the world cup for 2 weeks.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d quite like that, shame I’m moving in Nov and Mrs Atlaz might not take kindly to me missing a second move in a row.

meandyuk

Hmm that is tempting! do you know anyone who has done it before and can vouch for it being anygood? is it technical too or would a relative newbie like myself be ok do you think? 🙂

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I asked on here and a couple of people posted that it was an utterly brilliant trip. The riding will be technical with exposed sections. It’s vehicle assisted xc, so u do get more down than up, but def not a freeride or DH holiday. There is a day by day account on the above link gives me the expectation of very good riding through stunning terrain, somewhat of a cultural experience as well.

ruffriders
    Free Member

Hello I’m Half Moroccan the atlas mountains are amazing i was thinking about going on my own back and jumping on the odd local busses and trains get around but this sounds great I’m very interested please email me details premiersecurity@live.co.uk

ruffriders
    Free Member

I hope my scratch 9 will be up for the job

ruffriders
    Free Member

It’s alot of money £ 1000 for a week tho morocco is cheap most the trails around the atlas have bed and breakfast for 14 + pounds a night a guide and driver with a truck can be organised for very little plus there’s always a way to get a man with a van when your willing to pay. Morocco is beautiful it’s were my heart is the atlas is a great place to ride if the trip does not go ahead I may organise a group to go over next year after a bit of planning. Easy jet do cheap flights and 4×4 hire starts from £100per week a guide and driver will stay with you for £20-£25 a day it’s a cheap holiday if u do it your self.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

@ruffrider – I’d say you may be missing the point a bit of organised trips.

I’ve only been to Morocco once but to Africa for about 8 months in total. It’s pretty daunting for a firsttimer to organise b and bs or similar that meet average requirements for a holiday (showers, mozzies) / food (veggies etc), moderate routes or alternatives (for the other half) reliable transport (not demanding tips/bribes etc), and what happens when someone on the trip isnt well etc .

I had a quick glance at that trip and it does look like good value for someone short on time / inexperienced with haggling / improvising. You may well disagree – in reality I can do it (and would probably choose to do it cheaper) but it would mean leaving more lead time and exit time for the trip and being more – I’m not sure what the word is – but flexible / adventerous / less fussy…..

I would be happy to wing it on my own but would not bring my good lady on a trip that didnt have some form of backup. Or – that’s what she says anyways!

##Edit – forgot to say I would LOVE to go back with my bike! Seriously! We did some hiking and mrs csw was wow – I was ‘wow – I wish I had a bike!”

webradders
    Free Member

Hi guys, you can do your trip to your own requirements for far less money than your gonna spend. I’m doing a full week in October for £550! flights, accom, transfer, food and spending money, easily! Check my Blog my blog
    If your confident reading maps and communicating with locals it’s a cinch.

http://www.moroccomtbadventure.blogspot.com/

ruffriders
    Free Member

Were in morocco are u off I no some good
    Trails up tangeir fez and atlas i am half Moroccan.I can get a van with driver who will drive were you want and for less than £ 20 a day guest houses in the atlas mountains for 8-17 pounds tops it’s alot different when ur Moroccan blood some amazing places for two wheels

ruffriders
    Free Member

Great site if planning a trip to morocco check it out
    http://www.moroccomtbadventure.blogspot.com/

rhys
    Free Member

I went with cyclactive as part of a group of friends last year. It was a great trip, not sure a scratch is the best bike. It’s not that kind of riding. I had dh wheels and tyres on my 5 and it was overkill and a pain climbing. Check YouTube morocco mtb by mf??? Also flickr “Noisy mtb tour morocco” For the kind of riding. The two guides were brilliant, Hassan the local guide who scouted the routes introduced us to lots of local people including a school teacher and pupils. He genuinely cared about the experience he wanted us to take away with us and was a great rider. Jon the UK guide also guided our group around Mont Blanc and is a very accomplished guide and mountaineer as well as a fantastic rider. They are both great guys. The routes we did were not freeride more all mountain with some serious exposure as well as flowing trails.

Hope this helps
    Rhys

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Morocco trip this November’ is closed to new replies.