Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Morning after drink driving.
  • poly
    Free Member

you might be right. Bizarrely, the wording says for any case, and then lists relevant offences. I read that as other offences are not relevant. Certainly I would expect the court of appeal to question the purpose of disqualifying someone from driving if they were cycling drunk – as it would do nothing to prevent reoffending.

A quick skim of the equivalent in scotland (s248 of the Crim. Proc. Scot. Act 1995) suggests it may have been implemented less broadly (not at all courts?) north of the border!

wiggles
    Free Member

I usually just don’t drink at all if I am driving, has literally been about 3 times I’ve ever had one(only) before driving, pints are like bikes in terms of N+1 so best not to start if you intend to drive!

Also having worked in insurance some companies specify they wont pay out if you are under the influence of alcohol, as opposed to be convicted of drink driving etc, so even if you blow under the limit by admitting you had a drink before driving they will try and get out of paying…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Quite. It’s purpose is quite clearly to disrupt criminal activity by denying the right people the privilege of driving. No doubt case law will do what the legislation doesn’t and define when it should and shouldn’t be used

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Morning after drink driving.’ is closed to new replies.