Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • more strava nerds…
  • jam-bo
    zilog6128

I like that a lot! I need to find some way of filtering out my commutes though, as my one looks REALLY dull! Will have a play around over the weekend.

STATO
    Free Member

Ditto. Ive started using the ‘commute’ button when recording commutes now, in the vain hope it becomes useful for things like this (since its not used by strava themselves for anything)

will
    Free Member

Yours looks a lot more interesting (and circular) than mine:

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, mine are also very boring! I’ve been quite good at not taking the direct route recently though!

njee20
    Free Member

Actually over a longer time period it looks more like abstract art (spot the London commutes which are just a diagonal straight line!):

AlexSimon

No commutes on mine, therefore prettier 🙂

DT78
    Free Member

like that alot! Going to get one for the mancave

lemonysam
    Free Member

i’m also suffering the commuter problem

AlexSimon

ha – did you change jobs or move house 1/3rd of the way into that?

nemesis
    Free Member

I need more variety in my life…

lemonysam
    Free Member

ha – did you change jobs or move house 1/3rd of the way into that?

Both, good spot!

mooman
    Free Member

MrNice
    Free Member

another one here who would like to cut out the commutes

I can actually pick out some of these and know where the route is

hairyscary

I like that. A fair bit of variety considering it feels like only ever ride on one hill.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/rCDMJe]Strava[/url] by MattNSmith, on Flickr

njee20
    Free Member

I can actually pick out some of these and know where the route is

Mmm, I thought that with certain events and what not.

sandwicheater

This is cool.

@ Statto, where is the ‘commute’ button?

[/url]Strava maps by sandwicheater1, on Flickr[/img]

lemonysam
    Free Member

It’d be a neat challenge for someone cleverer than me to write something that matches these up to heatmap data to try to work out where people live…

nemesis
    Free Member

You could do but that data is already on strava isn’t it and I did check that the privacy zones are included (or excluded) from the images.

jemima
    Free Member

AlexSimon – have you ridden Laggan and Golspie? Distinctive profiles which just jumped out at me 🙂

Haze

(turbo trainer this week)

nickc

njee20, your’s looks like some sort of ancient hieroglyphs 8)

bigjim

I quite like that

theotherjonv

some of them look like stickman versions of the kamasutra.

There’s one that recurs in the OP that looks like a bloke being blown off by a small dolphin / large fish.

Trimix
    Free Member

Your life summed up by show off / look at me squiggles 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

brakes
    Free Member

mine looks really crap.
    did some amazing rides last year but they’re all hidden amongst a sea of commuting, an oval training loop and a 1 mile crit circuit.
    it would be nice if they were to scale.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You could do but that data is already on strava isn’t it and I did check that the privacy zones are included (or excluded) from the images.

Can other people view your heat map? I stumbled onto that feature the other day and realised it produces a nice star shape pointing at my house! There’s even enough rides where I stopped off back at home mid way that you can pick out where I stored my bike in the yard!

jam-bo

thats gonna make that loop more interesting..

aren’t you just a ray of sunshine…

shredder
    Free Member

[/url]Strava art by rlockwood64, on Flickr[/img]

nemesis
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Can other people view your heat map? I stumbled onto that feature the other day and realised it produces a nice star shape pointing at my house! There’s even enough rides where I stopped off back at home mid way that you can pick out where I stored my bike in the yard!

Other people will have a different view to you assuming you’ve set privacy zones. You can obviously see inside the privacy zones, they can’t.

AlexSimon

jemima – Member

AlexSimon – have you ridden Laggan and Golspie? Distinctive profiles which just jumped out at me
    Yep – April/may last year. Loved them both!

lemonysam
    Free Member

I like how so many of shredders’s look like birds.

woody2000

Another one who’s commute-tastic. Funny how a lot of peoples commutes look very similar 🙂

Northwind

I love this but yes mind also ruined by commutes

brakes
    Free Member

I asked the fella who does these if there was this functionality and he said no but it’s in the pipeline and may be advanced in the schedule due to interest.

lemonysam
    Free Member

If you happen to be chatting with him, the ability to filter rides by distance would do it for me. Everything over (roughly) 18km is probably a proper ride, everything under is probably nipping to work/shops etc.

Northwind

Good idea. Or even the ability to specify a range to ignore (so if you had a 5 mile commute, say “ignore between 4.9 and 5.1”)

Also from the designer’s point of view, they should probably be watermarking the online output so that people actually pay for it 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

if I was him, I’d say buy a print or put a deposit down on one and I’ll give you the functionality to take out commutes or stipulate distances.

theotherjonv

I like how so many of shredders’s look like birds

There’s one that looks like a penguin doing a big arc of piss

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘more strava nerds…’ is closed to new replies.