Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • More SS advice (warning, contains really basic content)
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Fishing for yet more advice. Be patient, I’m mechanically-inept and haven’t tried anything even approaching this before.

On One Inbred 29er SS. Will I need some form of tensioner?
    I see so many different set-ups and a lot of conflicting stuff on forums etc. STW will sort it surely…?

Building up a parts list and planning building the chuffing thing. Any help advice, technical diagrams or pictures most welcome.

Cheers

Matt

mboy
    Free Member

*It Depends*

Sadly, it’s not as easy as you might think it is. There are different forms of Inbred… There’s a regular vertical dropout, a sliding dropout, a horizontal dropout, and a Swapout version.

But on the sliding, the horizontal, and the swapout versions, you can all run SS without a tensioner. If that helps.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

It does. I’ve got the ‘limited edition’ SS frame so I’m guessing I don’t need one.

cardo

On One do chain tugs for £10 each , these work really well for tensioning up the rear wheel. It’s what I use.
    On One chain tug thingy

AndrewJ
    Free Member

On One do chain tugs for £10 each , these work really well for tensioning up the rear wheel.

Just to clarify something, the chain tug doesn’t tension the chain as such, you adjust it to stop the wheel sliding in the dropouts once the wheel has been set and the QR has been tightened. I position the QR lever on the opposite side to the chain tug. I’m not sure how important it is to do this but it seems to work for me.

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Cheers Andrew. I’d wondered about movement and how you’d avoid it.
    Grateful for all the advice on here, have been over loads of old threads and learnt a lot. Buying some bits this week and can get cracking.

Still not decided on BB, different views depending on who you speak to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘More SS advice (warning, contains really basic content)’ is closed to new replies.