• This topic has 25 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by njm.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • More random questions – Babylon 5 and Curried fish
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

1. Is the Babylon 5 box set worth it?

(I need to get something to watch)

2. Have you ever cooked a curried fish, attempted it or know of a decent recipe?

(this was on my mind, I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a curried fish, let alone attempted to cook one)

🙂

Sensible answers please

johnners
    Free Member

1. No

2. No

hels
    Free Member

1. Don’t do it, buy series one of Caprica. Thats assuming you have watched all the Battlestar Galactica series by now.

2. Curry Laksa is nice and you can put fish in it. Look it up, its Malaysian and also contains half a boiled egg, there are loads of variations.

chakaping
    Free Member

1. Do you enjoy unwatchable nonsense? If so, yes.

2. Yes, but never again.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Had curried fish at the Polash restaurant in Stanningley, near Leeds and it was beautiful, although no idea how they make it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Dunno

yes – a great Grigson recipe for a mild curry of halibut

DarrenH

1. Yep, great series. Went a bit downhill after season 3 tbh (looking dated now though)
    2. no curried fish , never ever!

lipseal
    Free Member

1. No
    2. Yes

Conqueror
    Free Member

1. Starting to think no to this.

2. More curried fish responses needed 😛

retrorick

Babylon 5 boxset is well worth it. Storyline is great.
    Buy firefly and Farscape series too.

No idea about the fish.

Rick.

RobHilton
    Free Member

2) Look for Keralan recipes/don’t order fish curry in a “normal” curry house as it’ll likely be minging.

If you’re around the E Mids area try one of these places:
    http://www.kayalrestaurant.com/

scaredypants

curried fish seems a nonsense to me – unless it’s a well, err, fishy fish (like crab 😉 ) you’d just lose the flavour in the curry. If it is a very fishy crab it’s revolting anyway and the curry can’t save it

Northwind

Never tried a curried fish that wasn’t absolutely orrible.

According to my brother, the Babylon 5 boxed set is good value, lots of content for the money. So if you liked Babylon 5, then yes.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Teh grigson recipe is really good. Halibut is a strong fish and its a very subtle coconut curry

cookeaa

1 – No there’s some far better sci-fi about….

2 – Depends on the fish but curried fish in general are lovely assuming you like fish and curry… If not then maybe just have pizza….

kimbers

1. yes

2. yes

mikewsmith
    Free Member

1) I remember it wandered for a while then all hell broke loose and it was OK that was many years ago though
    +1 for firefly, battlestar, caprica
    2) Yes Depends on the fish and the cook

sslowpace
    Free Member

Babylon 5 was great, if a bit dated now. Storyline over the 5 series was good. Farscape also reccomended. Neverliked the new Battlestar Galactica much.

Curried fish? Blergh..

si-wilson
    Free Member

Yes, good watch far better than s1 caprica! I enjoyed battlestar but caprica was a bit rubbish

sweepy
    Free Member

I make an Indonesian style fish curry using smoked river cobbler. The cobbler is ace for curries as it is low in bones and holds together well when cooked. Oh and its cheap.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Curried fish?

I would recommend a compormise – perhaps marinade in a yoghort/curry powder fashion, and grill, rather than a thick cloying sauce. Mre of a “tandoori” style fish?

And I’d ditch Babylon 5 for something on sale from HMV like the Hornblower box set, or possibly “The thick of it” just for the Malcolm Tucker swearathon.

chewkw
    Free Member

1. Yes. But I prefer Star Trek.

2. Yes.

CountZero

Caprica is basically about one whiny little brat. I gave up after three episodes. Bab5’s good, if perhaps a bit dated, but the CGI was truly cutting edge at the time, the ships are terrific, and there’s some amazing space battles. The ShadowShips are possibly my favourite spacecraft of all time. If you can pick up the box set for a song, it’s certainly worth having.

thejesmonddingo

Get hold of Simple Indian by Atul Kochhar usually on Amazon at about £12 softback,he’s a Michelin starred chef,but the recipes are straightforward and taste delicious,there’s a wide variety of dishes,including about 10 fish curries.It’s my goto curry book now.
    Ian

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

hels are you Malaysian?

Curried fish is the best curry! Especially cod cheeks. Madhur has some good recipes, or check Goan recipes

njm

Babylon 5 is most definitely worth it, but keep going if the first series doesn’t float your boat. It got a lot more money thrown at it from series 2 onwards, and a lot of things are setup in series 1 that get followed up later.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘More random questions – Babylon 5 and Curried fish’ is closed to new replies.