Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • More phone memory?
  • FOG

Advice pleas on getting more phone memory specifically to load more OS maps from Viewranger. I have an iPhone 5c with , I think 6gb which is full. It is on Voda but out of contract. So is the cheapest plan to buy a new phone with more memory and transfer sim or take out a new contract? Either way what are good deals on iPhones at the moment?

scotroutes

The cheapest plan would be to buy a non-Apple phone with a big SD Card?

jekkyl

have you tried a factory reset?
    very often that frees up loads of memory as you will likely have loads of old convos on whatsapp, fb messenger, texting etc that you no longer need. Also clear off your pics periodically to a folder on your comp or to the cloud.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Add in a micro SD to expand the memory… oh wait, it’s an iPhone, so you can’t 😛

New phone I’m afraid, unless you can free up memory. Clear out garbage and apps you don’t need. Keep as much as you can in “the cloud” instead of on the phone.

johnnystorm

Buy an android phone as you’ll either get more inbuilt storage initially or the ability to add an extra 128gb of storage via a £30 micro as card.

Then install back country navigator and you can download every single maptile of the UK OS maps for £11 all in and be able to overlay gpx, record gpx etc.

Android and iOS are now both sufficiently mature that they both do all the same things now so you won’t be missing out on anything.

prawny

Yep new phone time, but be careful even on android, some apps and app data can’t be moved to the SD card so get the biggest storage version one you can afford.

I’ve got a 64gb iPhone 6 and an android tablet with a 64gb card in but only 8GB of internal memory and I’m constantly getting low storage warnings on the tab despite moving everything to the SD card.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘More phone memory?’ is closed to new replies.