• This topic has 181 replies, 93 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by will.
Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)
  • more moeny than skills…..
  • MartinGT
    Free Member

Like 98% of the goons at trail centres up and down the country every weekend

hitman
    Free Member

Perhaps they can spell better than you two?

Plenty of pretty good riding on there, and they're clearly not embarrassed about their spills, otherwise they probably wouldn't have posted the video; so what's with the scorn? Where do you run your MTB Guides from, Alpin? I need to make sure that nobody I know ever makes use of your services, lest they spend their time being ridiculed or sneered at behind their back.
    +1
    Just watched the vid and enjoyed it – some offs but so what, made it more interesting and some of the riding was better than I could do

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

They can still make me look shite on a bike. No harm to anyone – just doing their thing. Many a perfect/cocky rider being ferried off trails by emergency services –

flow
    Free Member

I guarantee the OP is shocking on a bike, and the only way he can make himself feel better about it, is take the p*ss out of someone else.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>I went for a ride a few weeks back with a student of mine. She was there on her Cube carbon FS thingy, her man on his new carbon €6k Scott Genius, another lady (who later told me where she was and wasn't shaved – gulp! – and invited me back to her's for a sauna) <

So, tell us about this bit big boy as I'm finding the rest of your post verbal Diahorrea 😉

hora
    Free Member

Why are we slating it?! Everyone knows a trail can look less technical on vid!

Like 98% of the goons at trail centres up and down the country every weekend

Some of whom could probably outride alot of 'natural'/snobbish riders when they do venture out of the trail centre.

Not everyone starts out on natural trails.

😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

What is it with you and surf, Surf-Mat?

Been doing it every day for 20+ years, used to compete, get up at the crack of dawn for it, travelled the World doing it – has no impact whatsoever…

Stu_N

I find myself agreeing with Hora.

See what you've done now?

Sandwich

Bike envy is such a terrible thing 😯

RHSno2
    Free Member

Watching your vid and reading your post you do come across as a right old twonk 🙂

bellerophon
    Free Member

What do you think in summer when you see all the wanna-be roadies pootling around with their beer bellies after the TdF? Perhaps "good on ya!", but more likely "look at that prat".

Why assume we'll think people look prats, you obviously do; I don't

I went for a ride a few weeks back with a student of mine. She was there on her Cube carbon FS thingy, her man on his new carbon €6k Scott Genius, another lady … on some funky FS and an older man on his new €6.5k Cube or Focus thingy. We rode 70km, of which about 200m was singletrack. The rest of the time we were riding along fire roads and tarmaced cycle paths.

So effing what!! I've friends with Porsche 911\GT3 none of them drive like Mark Webber should they not have bought them? Hell, I ride a Yamaha R1, trouble is I don't ride like Valentino, maybe I should sell it and buy a beat up old thing….

flow
    Free Member

Who agrees the OP is a cock?

alpin
    Free Member

me.

alpin
    Free Member

i declined the sauna invite…..

juan
    Free Member

Hell, I ride a Yamaha R1, trouble is I don't ride like Valentino, maybe I should sell it and buy a beat up old thing….

Yup everyone know a motorbike must have one or at the most 2 cylinders 😉

Well I have just watched the OP's vids and I am still waiting to see where if show his gnar to the power of sick skillz?

Even taking into account the "video fade" factor, it looks like even my GF could ride that…

Maybe next time ash and rob get their asses down, you could ask for an hijack, to see how good of a riding god you are…

Johnbot
    Free Member

This attitude is shit, get a grip. These guys are out having fun, let them be. Sad little people.

The attitude be a lot of people on this site is shocking.

scaredypants

Christ, still at it then ?

Who agrees the OP is a cock?

nope, just seems to be a young lad who's a bit full of himself and lacking in perspective

I read shit like this thread and I'm not sure I really care enough about biking to be on here – I definitely don't feel a need to belittle or idolise anyone for their skillz

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Alpin, sorry, but posting those vids has not helped your case. All I see is a capable rider, but one who doesn't/won't ride as fast as those guys on the first vid. Maybe you would with a bigger bike and body armour 😆 Fair play you do get around the hairpins better.

(It was you in the full face wasn't it??!! 😉 )

GEDA
    Free Member

Saunas are about as sexy as well à beetroot. They have them in all the pools in Sweden but when i go in them it is so hot i can't be bothered to move and come out looking like à beetroot. Are'nt the people who are over biked those that provide us with all the cheap parts anyway? And is over biked when you have spent too much money for the benifit you will get out of the Said bike or when you ride à carbon 6 Grand bike on à fire road? I am never the second but probably the first à bit.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Funny crashes. Looks like they were having fun which is what it's all about. There's no shame.

hora
    Free Member

I love Sauna's. Always have. Any argument on any topic in a sauna soon descends into agreement. 😀

will
    Free Member

Had to bring this thread back to life, sorry 😆

First of all, just read the whole thread (slow friday) and there are some interesting comments here. I really don;t care what people buy bike wise, if they want to spend £3,000 then i'm fine with that. But at the same time I do find it slightly funny when an obvious weekend warrior wheels out a £3,000 bike.

I was expecting the video to be awful… I was actually impressed by the quality of the filming, and of the riding. Sure there are some crashes, but having said that some not bad riding as well. Certainly don;t thik they were overbiked etc…

And Aplin – Adding those videos did you no favours, whilst the first was ok, i'm affraid thats all it was… "ok"

Viewing 22 posts - 161 through 182 (of 182 total)

The topic ‘more moeny than skills…..’ is closed to new replies.