Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • More glasses advice please….
  • tops5
    Free Member

I need some new prescription riding glasses, been struggling without after ruining my last piar a few weeks ago.

I have always bought Oakleys with prescription lenses already fitted. Current circumstances mean that I don't have £250.00 to spesunniesnd on "spare" glasses. I'm thinking of buying some tired 2nd hand Oakley off Ebay.

The question is, as long as the one's I choose are available as prescrition glasses can I buy the lenses on line? Do they have to be from Oakley PX labs (or whatever it's called)or can my optician do them?

Otherwise I will buy some cheap ready made prescription riding glasses – any ideas on this?

coatesy
    Free Member

If that's the way you want to go, try speaking to vision Express, they offered to put lenses in my old M-Frame shields so I guess they can do it.

Taff
    Free Member

Id never thought of doing that but the prices online for new are ridiculous. I've got to start wearing glasses full time and I'm starting to misjudge small boulders

tops5
    Free Member

Thanks Coatesy – they normaly do mine complete just wasn't sure if they would/could retrofit.

Taff – me too! It's getting dangerous now! Daren't use my everyday glasses.

Houns

Oakley do 'lenses to fit' so yes buy any pair of Oakleys and you can buy just the Rx lenses to fit from Oakley

http://rubensmenswear.com/pages/photographs/oakley/rx_prescription/rx_frames/fit_to_own/oakley_rx_fto.html

robob
    Free Member

i bought some glasses from crc with an insert that i got glazed for £20 from an online place…

can't find the crc specs now but these are similiar(ish) kind of.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=36724

fubar
    Free Member

I think the reason you pay so much for Oakley is for the quality of the lenses, so I wouldn't let an opticians put non Oakley lenses in. I had some sports glasses glazed with prescription lenses and they were 'okay' but not great…the lenses were just too flat for the frame…they would have needed to be more curved to fit well into the frame…I guess buying from Oakley will ensure the lenses are the correct shape for the frame.

coatesy
    Free Member

The very reason I stumped up the extra rather than using the Vision Express own option.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘More glasses advice please….’ is closed to new replies.