Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • More annoying reminders for Android?
  • joemarshall
    Free Member

My new HTC Desire loads up my google calendar and task/appointment reminders happily, but when it does a reminder, is is just a little pling pling noise once, which then goes away.

On my old phone, it did a noise for a minute, then repeated it 5 minutes later, until I made it go away, with a snooze button, like when the phone alarm goes off.

Obviously I can set a different / longer reminder noise, but I really need it to be annoying and not go away until I make it go away.

Does anyone know an app that will make my reminders do this? I know I can set alarms, but I want it to work off my google calendar automatically, like reminders do.

cheers,

Joe

Flaperon

Are you sure it's set up properly?

joemarshall
    Free Member

I don't know if it's set up properly. Does your phone do something different?

It is set up so that it does remind me, and it does the reminder beep once (and the thing at the top of the screen / notification pull down lights up). But I can't work out how to make it repeatedly make a noise until I notice it.

Joe

supinerider
    Free Member

post on xdadevelopers. you'll probably get an answer there.

fadda

Mine "dings" every 10 mins or so (that's calendar items – is that different to what you want?)

Flaperon

Just tried it and my Nexus One does the same thing. You can change the notification type to "Alert", which I think will bug you occasionally but it won't sound continually.

I hardly ever use the reminders and generally have the phone on me so a single chime tends to work anyway. Try finding a 60 second ringtone to use.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Aha, the 'alert' thing was what I wanted – I changed the calendar alert tone so I now have 1 minute 30 of Bach's Well Tempered Klavier A-minor. So now, it will ding, every so often, and each ding lasts a significant length of time.

I guess I'm back to arriving at meetings on time now then. Cheers all.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘More annoying reminders for Android?’ is closed to new replies.