Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Moonshinners and Bootleggers, your advice please
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Having recently tuned into DMAX I came across Moonshiners on a Thursday evening and although the guys they film remind me of ‘squeal piggy squeal’ I’d quite like to know a bit more about how you make the stuff.

Can anybody recommend an instruction book? A ‘dummies’ guide. A step by step?

I’m off to buy myself some denim hillbilly dungarees right now.

Cougar

It’s illegal, largely because home distilled drinks can contain high quantities of methanol, which will send you blind.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

yes i know that but is there a book 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

largely because home distilled drinks can contain high quantities of methanol

pfft.
    Its illegal largely because of dodged duty! 🙂

Never tried it myself, but a friend has a still and he can largely still see…

Personally I think it’s too much hard work when steeping can be done so easily instead.

Cougar

yes i know that but is there a book

Yeah, it’s on the shelf between Bomb Making for Beginners and Home Grown Cannabis 101.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s on the shelf between Bomb Making for Beginners and Home Grown Cannabis 101

already read those, ebay’d the first to the middle east, the second to Jamaica, chap called Bob.

Stoner
    Free Member

Bomb Making for Beginners and Home Grown Cannabis 101.

IIRC they were written by the guy that edited “The Anarchist Cookbook”*

*sets off ALL the alarms on STW 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

I knew a chap who used to produce a very fine Poteen, although from what I understand he is out of the game now..

For literature try John McGuffin’s In Praise of Poteen, although I’m not entirely sure how much technical info is in the book

scrumfled
    Free Member

plenty of websites cover it, including homedistiller.org

your biggest real risk is fire.

MrNice
    Free Member

It’s illegal, largely because home distilled drinks can contain high quantities of methanol, which will send you blind.

since when has the risk of going blind stopped anyone doing anything?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Moonshinners and Bootleggers, your advice please’ is closed to new replies.