Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Moonlight at work – WWSTWD?
  • Lifer
    Free Member

About a year ago I took over some work from my supervisor because he was too busy. Not an insubstantial amount of work either.

He’s made no secret about the fact he’s building a property website (the latest in a long line of ‘get rich quick’ schemes).

While covering for him while he was off I had to go into his work emails to look for the correct address to send invoices too. It was full of emails back and forth to the company that’s building the website for him, not everyday but some days there are 20 odd emails.

Today my boss is off and my supervisor has been complaining about how difficult it is trying to get a ‘like’ button for facebook on the website, and using a colleague’s mobile number to activate it (he’s lost his phone).

Would you shop him for working on his website while at work or is that a bit petty? It wouldn’t be so bad if I’d been compensated for the extra work but the fact that I’ve taken it over because he’s too busy making money (well, trying to) on the side feels like a kick in the balls tbh

fadda

Fairly stiff word with the guy, I reckon. Probably give him a chance to start doing his job properly before shopping him…

Hairychested
    Free Member

Have a chat, balls kicking should be reserved for more serious stuff.

konabunny
    Free Member

The guy’s obviously a complete fanny if he hasn’t worked out he shouldn’t be running his personal business through his work website.

I don’t think it’s your problem to fix so don’t have a word yourself. Either shop him to your big boss or don’t. Also, if you feel that you’re doing more work for the same money, that’s an underlying thing you need to bring up with them.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s time to play… Blackmail!

uplink
    Free Member

Would you shop him for working on his website while at work

Leave it be, any other option doesn’t have a guaranteed upside

You get paid to work n hours?
    Unless you’ve been made to do extra hours to cover, you’re not out of pocket.

EDIT: Just to add, if you have a problem with workload because of it, complain about that rather than about what you think your boss is up to
    Let others find him out, it’s not your job

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Moonlight at work – WWSTWD?’ is closed to new replies.