Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Montane Dyno- Explain it to me?
  • hora
    Free Member

It feels too thin to be warm.
    Its not waterproof per se?

User views??! (Less I hastely return it!)

glupton1976
    Free Member

I find it warm because it’s windproof and although it’s not waterproof officially, I find that it keeps me dryer that any of my goretex jackets due to its ability to wick sweat away. I love mine.

speed12
    Free Member

Agree – love mine, perfect jacket for riding in. It’s not too insulated that you can’t wear it if you are going some or it gets a bit warmer, wind proof enough to take the edge off but still be breathable, and rainproof enough to shrug off the odd shower whilst again still being mega breathable. Tough as old boots, great cut, looks good. Sorted.

RichT

Is it one of the bargain ones from Merlin? If so, I would be happy to give you what you paid for it (assuming the right size)

hora
    Free Member

Sorry its XL. If Im honest it fits but the gut is abit baggy!

matt_outandabout

They are the awesomeness for riding on cool, damp days. They are warmer with a good baselayer. They are just windproof enough, while allowing through flow of air to help keep moisture pulled out. They are a keep moving along jacket. They are more waterproof h than I expected, but you have to keep them treated. Great things.

jkomo

I like mine.

hora
    Free Member

I’ll keep it. Cheers. Now I’ve got to decide whether to send back the grey or black one!

chiefgrooveguru

RichT, I have an L in grey with red zips that I’m sending back to Merlin tomorrow. Let me know if you want it! Love the fabric (it’s like a Mountain Equipment softshell I have) but it’s the wrong shape for me.

hora
    Free Member

Chiefgrooveguru the baggy mid-section?

Thats my only critism.

matt_outandabout

If you want a warmer one, then I think that the Montane Krypton is the best jacket bar none that I have had in the last 20 years.
    Pertex (proper waterproof), ultralight mesh/suede liner thing that is zoned, cut well, even more waterproof, windproof and warmer than the Dyno.

Abernethy Ardeonaig staff training by matt_outandabout, on Flickr

hora
    Free Member

“Cut well”. I’ve got a hideous orange/grey Mammut that I bought 12yrs ago. It makes me look slimmer than I am and its warm…just too warm for the bike.

Its hideous but I always throw it on for everything bar the bike

RichT

chiefgrooveguru, yes please. Will email you.

hora
    Free Member

Ive just noticed the hood storage-loop…how ugly is that?!

footflaps

How does the Montane Krypton compare to the Rab Vapourise jacket?

BadlyWiredDog

How does the Montane Krypton compare to the Rab Vapourise jacket?

More windproof, but a bit less breathable and not as good at wicking ime.

zelak999
    Free Member

cheifgrooveguru
    Have you still got the Large grey Dyno?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Montane Dyno- Explain it to me?’ is closed to new replies.