Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mont Blanc Tour
  • BigR

Has anyone done the Mont Blanc MTB tour. A group of us are planning to do it in September. Is it possible to do it in 3-4 days unsupported rather than with a company.

Any insight gratefully received. How hard can it be…..

hairymechanic
    Free Member

Hi,

Not done the tour which takes in 3 countries but I have done a holiday with MBMB based in Chamonix. Phil, the owner is a top guy and the riding was great. It was all catered and the food was brilliant. We have used them numerous times and would highly recommend it!!

I’ve seen video footage of them doing the tour and it did look good but we prefered to be based in the same place each night. I’d do it with a company though unless you are planning on traveling very light!! Also, the weather isn’t always fantastic but at least if you have guides they should be traoned in dealing with any problems that arise!

jedi

mbmb.com always!

BigR

Thanks, we have been in contact with mbmb but their dates won’t suit and one of us (who is a keen climber) wants to use the mountain huts and travel light. I agree about the weather, being high and around the mountains it will be unpredictable – a bit like the Scotland on steroids.
    We still might go back to mbmb and use some support but very interested in hearing from anyone who has done it.

endlessride
    Free Member

There you go – from the horses mouth. http://www.chaletgeorge.com/ . On the question of guide or not a guide – Sian Carl and I are happy to call ourselves professional guides, when we visit a new area we try and take a guide if we can. We don’t mind paying either! If you want to get in the most good riding for your time, a guide makes a lot of sense. If you are in it for an adventure (and aren’t bothered about ALWAYS riding the best trails) then DIY.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mont Blanc Tour’ is closed to new replies.