Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Mongoose Teocali rear hub bearing?
  • Trekster

Anyone know the rear hub bearing size for a 2011 Mongoose Teocali? WTB Speeddisc rim with a no-name hub! Loose bearing on drive side need replacing, this is achieved by removing freehub body/cassete and inner race seat of bearing is fixed(bolted?)to hub.

wwaswas

best bet is to dismantle and see what’s written on the bearing seal (I assume it’s cartridge bearings).

Id do the freehub bearings at the same time if I were you.

Trekster

Mms, it’s a mates and I’ve not seen the freewheel, only the hub end. I’m now thinking that what I’m seeing is the remnants of an inner race of a sealed bearing as opposed to what I was led to believe an open race bearing. Will have to have another look. He convinced me that it was a loose bearing style inner bearing?

wwaswas

If it’s a loose bearing hub then they tend to be a standard size for rear hubs. Halfords do kits that even include the grease you need.

Even if the bearing surfaces in the hub are a bit ropey it’s still worth giving it a service and fitting new bearings for three or four quid.

Trekster

Cheers was was, we have a good bike orientated Halfords in Dumfries with at least 1 good mech. Will pass on info to mate tomorrow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Mongoose Teocali rear hub bearing?’ is closed to new replies.