Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Money/working for your self etc HELP
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Got a regular job plus the possibility of freelance bike work. What do i do re payment/tax etc?

donsimon
    Free Member

Speak to an accountant.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

that costs!!

donsimon
    Free Member

Life’s a bitch.

matt_outandabout

Register self employed, keep receipts and records, complete the self assessment when it comes through and pay your tax. Job Done.
    http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployed/register-selfemp.htm

rob-jackson
    Free Member

cheers matt

Philby

Depending on how much freelance income you get and what expenditure you have to lay out, or appropriate expenses incurred, it might be worth contacting an accountant to do your self-assessment tax form. There’s lots of things you can claim against tax – for example you may be able to offset the cost of a bike, computer and phone etc. against tax.

moniex
    Free Member

Accountant! We LOVE ours….. But get one recommended. My husband used to use a accountancy firm ( he is a self employed driving instructor ) which charged him about £500 per year and they were rubbish. He now has an independent one thet costs about £250 per year and is great. He does the accounts, tax return and tax credit form.

I was self employed one year as well and he put through my tax return for £50 as it was no much, well worth it.

Simone

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Money/working for your self etc HELP’ is closed to new replies.