Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Money no object, what bike would you buy?
  • Andy-R

I’m a man of simple tastes – a Privee Shan would make an old man happy, preferably a 917. So, hardly a money no object sort of bike but then I only seem to like steel hardtails anyway.

zippykona

I would have my 2000 Mount Vision remade in carbon . I’d add the 1999 second bottle mount and one of those Specialized tool box things.
    It would be future proofed (hopefully) by being able to run 650b and a tapered steerer.
    Xtr throughout with Hope and Stan’s doing the rest.
    Edit , if we are living in fantasy land it would run a 9 tooth small cog on the rear.

drlex
    Free Member

Maybe Parlees new Altium with some 202’s on and SRAM red , like the idea as I’ve still got my old Z5. Or maybe Colnagos VR1..

Bikebuoy, have you seen their Chebacco? I know this is the fantasy purchase thread, but it looks a more realistic option than the Altium.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

A Ti fat bike tandem with a load carrying rack on the back (or front) for when our terrier needs a rest

eddie11
    Free Member

page 3 and no one has said a custom made re anodized rc200 but with 29er wheels? fools 🙂

WildHunter2009

Hmmm had forgotten about the Ti Switchback. Want!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Open U.P. as mentioned above ^^ Gnarmac/CX’er.. looks preeeettty…

And the Altium

birdage

Jones Ti Diamond with Ti truss forks. Or even just the forks!

birdage

Jones Ti Diamond with Ti truss forks. Or even just the forks!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Steve Potts titanium rigid 29/29+. Having considered ultimate bikes in the past but realising I chop and change my mind so much and that I’m easily led by the latest fad (which is fine by me, always has been a part of my biking) I reckon this would be the best choice and something I’d likely keep forever. In reality I’m more than happy with mid range and lots 😀

lunge

A custom made steel road bike but not a retro throw back, something like at Volare but not quite that. It’s be made with 953 steel, have Lightweight wheels and a Dura-Ace Di2 group set. It’d be lush.

metalheart
    Free Member

YoKaiser – Member
    Steve Potts titanium rigid 29/29+.

Thank you YoK, I’ve been wracking my brain trying to remember the name of the Ti builder for an epic 29er build on MTBr 2, 3 years back.

So yeah, a Steve Potts 29er 🙂

I’m not sure whether I’m disappointed at people lack of ambition i.e. (a P7 as a money no object dream bike… er, shoot for the stars why dontcha) or to be impressed at peoples lack of greed (in which case, a P7, nice one! 😉 )

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Mine would be a 29er version of a 2011 orange elite, well doesn’t have to be an orange just a really nice alloy 29er frame with the right (for me geometry), annoying hard to find. Just loved the elites performance but didn’t cost an arm or a leg. Parts wise pretty much what I already have, mostly hope and some extra xtr.
    Although right now sat in hospital bored out of my mind any bike would do, litterly anything.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Colnago C60 Disc, white/Italia paint scheme, with full top end Italian parts and Campag (probably EPS build).

Actually saw this very bike on eBay a few months ago 😕

TimothyD
    Free Member

My very slow restoration and improvement of an inherited early FW Evans frame with beautiful lugs and fork crown and shot in seat stays has almost become a ‘money no object project’, or a ‘head in the sand’ project when it comes to costs, every four months or so when I have the funds & spot something I buy something from ebay which is always something shiny and Campag or Selcof, or something to modify. I’ve decided not to add up the amount I’ve spent over the past few years, the justification is it’s an inherited frame, which makes the build I’m doing a Good Thing, and I’m Only Going To Spend It Once. It will look lovely once it’s finished, and my nephew seems to be into bikes and mechanical things, and things with wheels, so that makes it a Good Thing, too? 😉

It has the most beautiful cut out in the bottom bracket shell, a little bit like the ‘cloverleaf’ which Colnago use for their icon but different, I think the BB shell is going to be chromed too. Once it’s finished it’ll never be left locked up or left outside of a shop, that’s for sure, it’ll either be ridden or safely stored and locked away. Be great when it’s finished.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

the Open U.P looks amazing

jam-bo

I’d see if transition would sell me one of the carbon scout’s that they are almost certainly prototyping at the moment.

HansRey

thecaptain
    Free Member

29er Ventana El Conquistador tandem. Already lined up on the shopping list, but it may be a few years before I get round to buying it.

senorj

New P7 ,xtr, hope blingness,and fancy Dan finishing kit.
    Thank you very much.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Money no object, what bike would you buy?’ is closed to new replies.