Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Money doesn't buy you happiness
  • GlenMore
    Free Member

I was expecting a link to this thread.

tails
    Free Member

sorry to let you down glen.

plop_pants
    Free Member

for some money isn't the priority, even when they have alot of it.

ton

i despise having money, always have to spend it
    cant seem to save it.

a lot happier when i am skint..

CountZero

Perhaps, but it can buy you a better class of misery.

project
    Free Member

Obviously a rather stupid footballer,who seriously traumatised the train driver for the rest of his life,not to mention all the opther support staff who had to clear up the mess,all the comuters who where late for work or appointments etc.

Obviously he had no freinds etc to whom he could ask for support,to walk in front of a train is so sad for all concerned.

mrsflash
    Free Member

what an unsympathetic post project.

iDave
    Free Member

well said mrsf

the story has nothing to do with money anyway, its about personal tragedy

project
    Free Member

So now he has left his wife and adopted daughter to live alone without their husband or adopted dad,now thats a personal tragedy.

Oh and my sympathies are with the remaining family and of course the train driver.

tails
    Free Member

Whilst projects post is unsympathetic there is some truth there it could really muck up the drivers head, but i doubt he was in a normal sense of mind when he was standing on the rails.

mrsflash
    Free Member

you can't just stereotype someone who commits suicie as stupid, or say "obviously he had no friends", that's far far too simplistic.

Nico
    Free Member

Michael Caine: "I've been poor and unhappy and I've been rich and unhappy. I know which I prefer."

mrsflash
    Free Member

I do totally agree with your comments re the train driver though, that must be extremely traumatic for them.

colande
    Free Member

project i think its hard to understand someone who contemplates suicide,
    unless you yourself have been down that dark route.

project
    Free Member

20 years ago i worked in a large mental hospital,one day, a day patient came in and said he was really depressed on chatting to him,found out his reasons and feelings,so just got on the phone and got him admitted,under section.

A few months latter,and a bit of drugs and care,he was back to his old self,funny and happy,then a few days latter he came in really up the wall with anger, and hate, i asked what was up,he said as he was crossing the road slowly,loking at the sky and birds,thinking of all he would have missed if he had killed himsrelf a few months back, and also all the people who cared and listened to him would be really upset if he had died.

When all of a sudden a bus nearly ran me over he said,and he nearly killed me.

I stayed quiet for a few minutes and said to him yes but a few months ago you where thereatening to jump in front of a bus or train,and end your life.

You had the chance to not do it,where as the driver at the time would have no way of avoiding killing you.

And all us staff and the driver and his family would forever wonder had we done enough to avoid your death.

djglover
    Free Member

Money definitely can buy happiness.

project
    Free Member

Money cant buy happiness, but it sure gets you lots of freinds,that strangely disapear when the money goes.

mrsflash
    Free Member

a day patient came in and said he was really depressed

That's the point though isn't it? Asking for help is the absolute hardest thing to do, actually admitting that you are not coping, admitting that you have failed. Some people just can't do it, the lucky ones can.

jon1973
    Free Member

Money doesn't buy you happiness

Mmmm, bit of a cliche that.

Clearly money doesn't buy happiness, but the lack of it (or not enough for a comfortable existance at least) can make you pretty miserable, no matter how well other aspects of your life are going.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

"they say money can't make you happy….but I'd like to find out for myself"

Spike Milligan

attractivefish
    Free Member

Your all missing the point of "does money buy you happiness"

Your right money doesn't buy you happiness but it does buy you a new bike, which I'm sure for all of us would make us happy 😀

AndyP
    Free Member

Money doesn't buy you happiness
    hmm
    try telling that to Max Mosely. Would he rather be scrabbling around on a state pension trying to afford his heating bill, or living in Monaco and having an orgy with 5 stunning lasses?

The fact he was a wealthy/successful footballer is purely incidental to the fact he was depressed/mentally ill.

Just because people are wealthy or successful doesn't mean they won't be affected by a tragedy like a child dying.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Money doesn't buy you happiness’ is closed to new replies.