Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mondraker Foxy XR snapped frame options
  • alexmynameis
    Free Member

Hi
    Just thought I’d offer up my problem to the Singletrack hive mind to see what it comes up with. The chainstay on my Mondraker Foxy XR snapped during a ride yesterday (fairly common with these bikes I believe), unfortunately I got it secondhand so can’t warranty it. I really enjoy riding this model of bike so feel I’d like to replace it with something of a similar geometry.

I’m considering buying a new Foxy frame and swapping the parts over (this would require a new rear wheel though due to boost nonsense). Are there any frames I should be considering (long, slack, low, XL)? Is it going to be possible to just get a new swingarm?

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I believe Silverfish are selling off a few Mondraker bikes at a good price. Worth a look?

honourablegeorge

Silverfish might not warranty it but they may well sell you a new swingarm.

alexmynameis
    Free Member

Ok I’ll take a look at Silverfish.

benpinnick

You should have a look at the weld (assuming that’s where it’s broken). If it’s been buttered on rather than properly welded (it happens) then irrespective of warranty you’d have a decent case to claim it’s not fit for purpose. If of course the weld is sound and it’s just broken then you’re not in such good shape.

alexmynameis
    Free Member

It has not snapped on the weld, just a mid-shaft fracture. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Definitely worth contacting silver fish. I had a rear stay on a ghost amr snap a few years ago (bought used) so spoke to the importer at the time (hotlines i think) and they sent me one free of charge that they had knocking about.

daver27
    Free Member

It’s the bearings starting to seize on the mondraker that cause them to snap the chainstays. Buy a new rear end and swap the bearings every 5-6 months regardless..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker Foxy XR snapped frame options’ is closed to new replies.