Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – Easter Monday
  • dazh

Did we agree on a venue? And are we doing an early one?

I was suggesting we do a ride from Todmorden as part of the Calderdale Cycling Celebration. Anyone any better ideas?

6.30pm or the usual 8.15? My vote is for an early one as the clocks will have changed and it will be daylight.

rockhopper70

That might suit, pending any plans Mrs Rock has.
    Daylight and dust, who’d have thought it!

mikerigby

I think the dust will have gone looking at the weather forecast. We are away till Monday, but I will be there if we are back early enough.

riklegge

I’m keen. If it’s an early one, would the plan be to ride entirely in daylight, or will lights be needed?

mikerigby

Sunset next Monday will be about 19:45 so lights might just be required for the last 15 to 30 minutes depending on the length of the ride.

dazh

Lights will still be required.

So…

6.30pm, Golden Lion, Todmorden. OL14 6LZ

Bring money for beer.

PS. we usually do a slightly longer route on bank holidays of 20-25km to account for the earlier start.

PPS. Just got to hope my gammy back clears up by then. I could barely walk yesterday!

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ll be stood at the top of a very large wall of death on Monday evening 🙂

duncancallum

Bump for this. I’m in.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i’ve got a peaks day planned tomorrow, riding with old friends i don’t see anywhere near enough.

hora
    Free Member

6.30? Sounds good

binners

Not going to be able to make tonight chaps. Loads of stuff f’ot do. Though ironically One of those things is finishing off a new panoramic illustration of Stoodley Pike and the People’s Republic of Tod, which is coming together quite nicely! 🙂

Have a good ‘un!

dazh

Who’s in then? Or are you all still stuffing your face with easter eggs? Currently sunny here, we’ve had a bit of rain over the weekend but it was bone dry before that so everything should be running very well.

duncancallum

Im in, I have fettled the love bus (2 new tyres, I am ashamed by the state of one of them. I have even emptied it and varnished the units….

duncancallum

Any one for a lift from el Horwich way

binners

Seemed rude not to post this up as I’ve just finished it. Where you’ll be riding tonight…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/FKti3P]Stoodley Pike looking towards Lancashire[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

Have a good un. I’ll be prepping artwork to go to printers in the morning.

duncancallum

Nicely done binners

I’m going through rammy so could proffer a lift from there too

dazh

Looking like a quiet one. That could be an opportunity for something out of the ordinary 😈

rockhopper70

Not me, the rear wheel hae given up.

mikerigby

I’m in.

riklegge

Sorry, a cold plus hefty dose of CBA means I’m out.

scaled
    Free Member

Just driven home from Edinburgh. Ain’t no way I’m driving to Tod.

brennak

Been out already this afternoon in the remnants of Katie, via the duck race in Hebden Bridge, Binners I’d love to get a copy of the Stoodley print let us know details if one is available.

duncancallum

Cheers to dazh for guiding us round the mighty stoodly pike.

dazh

First MNPR sunset of the year. Next time we’ll meet at the shepherds, too many smackheads hanging around in the town centre 🙂

duncancallum

One legged smack heads…

Todmorden is an equal opportunity place

mikerigby

Great ride tonight. Thanks Daz for leading the route. Also thank you both for the advice and opinions on a new bike for me. Those huge stones made the decision for me tonight. My body cannot take solid bikes anymore. Even upgraded front suspension would make a massive difference.

dazh

Mike have a look at Canyon bikes. They get mixed reviews for customer service but the bikes are great and are very hard to beat for value. A couple of mates of mine have the Nerve which they’re very pleased with and one of the regular MNPR attendees has a Spectral which you can ask him about.

mikerigby

Cheers daz.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – Easter Monday’ is closed to new replies.