• This topic has 212 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 213 total)
  • Monday night pub ride – BMX track night Manchester
  • Lawmanmx
    Free Member

really wanna but not gonna, cos I know it will end badly for me! Lol
    not rode a Bmx for sooooo long 🙁

flask
    Free Member

Well, if it’s any consolation to anyone who’s fearful of dying – I’m going and the last time I rode a BMX was in 1988 (I was eight)

I did manage a ramp with 4 bricks 🙂

Yeah, I’m probably going to die aren’t I?

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Yup! painfully and slowly, Enjoy 😆

wittonweavers
    Free Member

haha

at least you have ridden a BMX before.

The closest i have come was playing on someones chopper in the woods once, a very long time ago!

Just to clarify…

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Yeah, now this one is out too, for me!

I just fell a couple of meters onto my thumb, the palm muscle is buggered.

At least this one is free.

Harry_the_Spider

Just shown The Wife the video in the OP.

On reflection probably not the wisest of ideas.

dazh

Show her this. No jumping involved here and it looks a little more realistic for us lot…. (although still faster than we’ll be doing it)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4w5wbSECo[/video]

grum
    Free Member

A lift from Tod might be good if that’s ok Clover. I’m in Hebden.

It sounds like Rorschach might actually be competent at this kind of thing, which is just not on really.

gaze
    Free Member

Just paid for the bmx night if you haven’t been before you need to register using this link .

gaze
    Free Member

bmx

Bregante

Is there a responsible adult on here that can sign binners’ and wittonweavers’ parental consent forms?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Thumb, day 3. I’m so disappointed, I can’t stand any pressure on my palm at all. The bruise is spreading up my wrist, I’ve ruptured vessels on the root of the thumb.

Ouch.

Bregante

Bloody hell that looks a damn sight worse than mine in march. And that kept me off the bike for two months!

Hope it heals fast mate.

tthew

Oh, I put this on youtube from last time I went, slipped my mind until just now. [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpYf4PfArtk[/video]

dudeofdoom

Never knew that had such nice tracks like that for bmx …..

Looks well fun …

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Have fun on this, it’s an awesome track and you’ll all be fine if you listen to the coach. Am pretty sure I overheard a guy telling coach Toby about this on one of the Sat PM sessions this weekend gone?

gaze
    Free Member

That was me

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Ah, hello. I only heard the end of what you said so it didn’t click until I saw this thread yesterday. You’ll be able to show everyone else how to do it 🙂

nach
    Free Member

Gaze: I’m in if there’s space and will bring money tonight.

gofasterstripes:
    OUCH 🙁

Really hope that heals quickly, see you soon.

gaze
    Free Member

Thanks to everybody who paid on Monday night all place have now been taken.If you not been before please fill out the registration form , there’s a link up there ?. You can use your own equipment.
    For beers afterwards I can bring beers or go to the church inn I am not added.

GregMay
    Free Member

Argh! only saw this as I’ve been away for 3 weeks.

Bugger.

Let me know if there are drop outs and I can jump in and take it. I can ride over from home 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Post ride drinkies and bragging anyone?

Church Inn, Prestwich. M25 1AJ

It is in the route back for anyone travelling North and is within a mile of J17 on the M60

scaled
    Free Member

Am i mental for thinking about parking my bike up in that neck of the woods?

Was going to have a blast round Clayton Vale on the mtb after work beforehand

Obviously i’m mental for riding it home round the fallowfield loop afterwards, but i’m prepared for that

Bregante

I wouldn’t worry scaled. If you leave it outside the velodrome, you won’t be riding it home. 😕

Harry_the_Spider

Why not bring it inside with you?

dazh

What time you going round Clayton Vale? I might join you. Clover said there’d be space in her van to store bikes if necessary. Dunno how many though. Taking them inside could also work I reckon if they’ll let you and I don’t see why they wouldn’t.

Harry_the_Spider

Not sure I’d want to leave anything visible in the back of a car either.

dazh

Yes you have a point. What’s the score then with taking them in?

Bregante

Not sure I’d want to leave anything visible in the back of a car either.

Indeed. Went to ride at Clayton Vale one day mid week around 12 months ago. Parked at the velodrome and noticed a Renault Espace parked alongside with a nice road bike in the back.

When I got back from the ride there was a nice road bike shaped hole in the rear window and the local cops were taking details from a very miffed owner.

gaze
    Free Member

There’s plenty of bike storage under the starting gates , I carnt see it being a problem if u leave them there.

scaled
    Free Member

I was going to head over from town between 5 and half past, do a couple of laps then head to the BMX track

GregMay
    Free Member

If anyone fancies a post work ride at CV I’ll join in!

gaze
    Free Member

Roll call for tonight , is everybody still in ? No dropouts.? If thier are anybody who carnt make it let us now and I will try to get your place covered and your money back. See you all laters.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Locked and loaded.

binners

Full face lid dusted off. Ambulance booked. Ready for action 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yep – as ready as i will ever be!

allthepies
    Free Member

Don’t forget the postcode for your sat navs

M13 9WL

grum
    Free Member

I’ve got some sort of lurgy but I think I’m going to drag myself along anyway. What could possibly go wrong?

Harry_the_Spider

Me and the bloke from work are both still in.

Both of us are carrying lower leg injuries and I was told by a physio last night to do nothing for a month.

What could possibly go wrong?

hora
    Free Member

If anyone can’t do it- I’ll volunteer.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 213 total)

The topic ‘Monday night pub ride – BMX track night Manchester’ is closed to new replies.