Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride : 7th September – The let’s try that again edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Church Inn, Prestwich, M25 1AJ
    8:15 blast off
    Bring money for beer and pie

I have a route. We’ll stick to it and avoid playing hide and seek in the woods.

binners

In. And normal service is resumed on the poster front. I have been slacking of late….

Esme
    Free Member

On the moors above Sheffield there’s a carved Companion Stone, which always reminds me of you guys:
    “Vast strange night and moss outwits us all”
    (give or take a few consonants)

Harry_the_Spider

“All of us are vast strange halfwits” more like.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yes. most likely.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yes me and the other north Bolton half wits should be in attendance on Monday…

Bregante

Nope. 🙄

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve phoned the pub and they’re getting the pies in.

nach
    Free Member

If I can get a lift I’ll be there.

That companion stone appears to be a message for Al.

tthew

In That London for a work thing. Bugger.

Harry_the_Spider

nach – Member

If I can get a lift I’ll be there.

I think Beate is joining us. Give her a tinkle.

dazh

Nach I can give you a lift if required. Let me know tomorrow if you need one.

Mackem

Can someone lend me a light? Left mine in the North-east.

nach
    Free Member

Thanks Daz. Beate might be late, so that’d be great. Can probably get to The Masons for a given time.

Harry_the_Spider

Bump.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Me, Neal and Tony all confirmed starters…

binners

The idea has been floated of us lot riding there and back. You’ll be seeing me when I park up outside. I’m not riding back up there after pies and beer 😀

dazh

Can probably get to The Masons for a given time.

7.15 at Walsden station?

nach
    Free Member

Cool, cheers Daz, see you there 🙂

brennak

Sat here this afternoon on my day off, feet itching, couldn’t wait until 8-15, so I’ve gone out in the sunshine around the pike, just got back.
    If I had the youth of Dazh and the stamina of Terrahawk I’d do the MNPR as well, but I haven’t so see you next week, unless the sun shines again.

stcolin
    Free Member

I’ll be there.

Harry_the_Spider

If I had the youth of Dazh and the stamina of Terrahawk I’d do the MNPR as well, but I haven’t so see you next week, unless the sun shines again.

In MNPR HQ the SUSAN alarm has just gone off.

edhornby

I have a pass! I’m coming !!! I’ll be good and not blast off, promise

xherbivorex
    Free Member

looking good out there too. as long as work doesn’t call in the next hour, i’ll be there.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I have a pass! I’m coming !!!

Granted its usually a good evening but i’m not sure its THAT exciting 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Top do chaps. Prestwich rides do seem to be plagued with mechanicals though!

avartS

Time for sleep if my stinging shins will allow.

binners

Absolutely blinding run tonight chaps! And finishing with a pork and black pudding pie, and a pint. It really doesn’t get any better 🙂

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

That way a good ride. My legs are a bit stiff today though. Didn’t do too bad on the way home, we were back for 11:30.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

whenever i look at HtS’s Strava things for the rides, i always wonder how strava knows my actual name seeing as i’m not on it. and then i remember, i’m not the only Andrew M amongst us!
    great fun last night, sorry about my mechanical but cheers Gaz for the chainring bolt and Tom/Kai for the top tip to get it to fit a single ring setup!

binners

There was some inspired bodging last night

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Good ride last night chaps!

My shin is still tingling this morning! Not sure if it was nettles or gorse but they won eitherway!

Harry_the_Spider

Mine are still buzzing too. They were extra venomous last night. Imagine how bad it would have been if the single track bits hadn’t been strimmed to 6ft wide!

binners

Yip, it was a bit tingly, to say the least. Though here’s what it looked like less than a month ago, pre-trimming…..

The girls, in between hacking the wild vegetation back with machete’s, said they spotted a tiger 😯

I thought it best not to mention it last night

gmurphy1975
    Free Member

My first true night lit ride, bloody exhilarating. Thanks for not losing me. Gav – rear gunner extraordinaire –

scaled
    Free Member

Really enjoyed that. Makes a nice change from Daz kicking my arse going uphill to having a bit of fun going down 😀

Harry_the_Spider

in between hacking the wild vegetation back with machete’s, said they spotted a tiger

I thought I saw an American dentist with a crossbow and a local guide with $50,000 in his back pocket and some official paperwork.

nach
    Free Member

Cheers for leading HtS, I enjoyed the second half once I’d realised what was up with the bike. I thought I’d been gradually losing fitness for the past month! 🙂

I have ordered the special little tool for my delicate special little brake. Hopefully the bike won’t feel like I’m dragging a sack of coal behind it for Up The Butress this weekend.

dazh

Top ride lads. Reminded me of why I got into mountain biking in the first place with all that hooning around like an idiot. That was until my lights packed in…

stcolin
    Free Member

Enjoyed that too. Almost didn’t go, but glad I did.

edhornby

your presence was glorious colin 🙂

Dazh, lights crapping out halfway along cheeky is also a frequent occurence (usually me)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride : 7th September – The let’s try that again edition’ is closed to new replies.