Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – October 27th – Todmorden
  • Harry_the_Spider

Mason’s Arms OL14 7PN
    8:15
    Bring beer money

Chipps is our leader

scaled
    Free Member

Will someone do some crashing for me? Chances of the insurance even getting back to me before Monday is virtually nil

GregMay
    Free Member

Sensibility of doing a night ride in Tod the Monday before my wedding…sure why not.

dazh

Scaled I can lend you a bike for the night if you want.

Bregante

Bugger. Definitely going to miss this one due to my stupid jobs stupid hours. Have a good un though.

chipps

Well, OK then. I can lend you a bike if needed, too, Scaled.
    In non-locals language, we’ll be doing a wiggle through town, a stupid great big climb, a great, long descent and probably another climb to another great descent.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ey up.

To explain my disappearance a few weeks ago – broke my bike and have been too skint to fix it*. BB has gone and I’m gonna need some bigger discs, and quite frankly, better lights.

I can’t make it this week, but I finally get paid properly on monday, so I’m ordering some bits and I’ll see you again soon 🙂

Suggestions – HT2 BBs with a deep thread [frame thread is a bit mangled]

and

a light that is much brighter than my Hope 1 LED [pretty sure that it is 200 Lumen] while still cheap <£50 or so. I guess a runtime of <3 hours on “high” is OK as it’ll mostly be used with you lot 🙂

*the question this time last month will live forever in my memory
    THEM: “Sam, I forgot to hand in your time sheets. Is it a problem if we don’t pay you this month?”
    ME: “!!!!” [yes it was, and they mostly fixed it]

Hope everyone’s well 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

CHIPPS IS OUR LEADER

binners

Think I’ll be pretty pushed time-wise to get over to Tod tonight chaps, so if I’m back too late I’ll go out local instead. Plus I’m worried I won’t be able to wade through all the paparazzi….

Harry_the_Spider

Who’s having it then?

According to the Met Office the weather will be “weirdly warm”.
    15°C
    10% chance of rain
    0% chance of getting caught up in the tail end of a tropical storm
    100% chance of a pint and 2 bags of crisps

dazh

100% chance of a massive and stupidly steep hill to climb.

I’m in.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yet another monday night of overtime for me unfortunately, so nope.
    still, not long before i’ll be a horwich resident so i should at least be able to make the rivi jaunts…

Harry_the_Spider

Hmmm… My “decorator’s knee” is giving me grief and spending the afternoon doing stretches hasn’t eased it.

If I’m not there don’t wait for me.

Susan the Spider

binners

Opting for playing silly buggers round holcombe hill tonight chaps, despite also having a Susan-esque hurty knee.

Have a good ‘un! Will look out for you spilling out of the Masons, supermodels in tow, in tomorrow’s tabloids 😉

wittonweavers
    Free Member

To add to the tale of Susan’s i wont be up at Todmorden tonight either. That will probably generate a sigh of relief for those that have to wait for me at the top of each climb but there you go!

TBH Tod is just a bit too far for me on a school night so i will be having a little jaunt over Winter Hill – including San Marino. Will look out for JJ…

I will organise something for next week starting at the Belmont Bull if anyone fancies that?

scaled
    Free Member

Thanks for the offers of bikes lads, work and half term have got in the way anyway!

That and I do tend to break bikes rather a lot.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – October 27th – Todmorden’ is closed to new replies.