Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – November 23rd – Avoiding Monty Don Edition
  • binners

Its not looking like it at the moment. Looks like i’ll be in for a soaking on the way home. I try to limit myself to one a day.

brennak

Not tonight just got Mrs B home from hospital on nursing duties now. Take care HB gang if going down Shropshire I went down yesterday from Gadding side it was a bit muddy and icy especially near the big drop, hopefully back on MNPR next week.

dazh

Why is it called Shropshire? Something tells me the ice will be gone 🙁

Bregante

I might manage a quick spin round Richmond VA while the youngest is at cubs. It’s a depressing thought but the chances of me riding an actual bike in the actual real world before the end of this month are slimmer than the chances of Craig going for a pub ride without populating a spreadsheet about how many of us had crisps/nuts/pies afterwards.

DrT
    Free Member

As it looks like most folk are bailing out I may just stay in this Indian restaurant for longer than I planned then.

GregMay
    Free Member

Why is it called Shropshire

I have no idea.

If it rains. I’m not bothering going up there. Will stick to “warmer” lower trails.

Brennak – I figured there’d be some ice, didn’t ride up there over weekend to check. Thanks for the headsup!

brennak

I don’t know why it’s called Shropshire either, I’ve always known the path as going up jail hole maybe something to do with the old quarry. Yes Dazh I agree the ice should be gone now enjoy

chipps

Deadline again – I’m going to be writing about bikes again tonight instead of riding them…

GregMay
    Free Member

*sadface*

We will be in the Old Gate if you can swing past after.

binners

Well I wouldn’t have been riding tonight anyway.

Remember kids – when you’ve just bought some new disco slippers, with brand new cleats, to replace your nackered, totally worn old set, take a moment to back the tension off on your spuds a bit. That way you’ll get to avoid the indignity of pulling up at the traffic lights, briefly looking like your legs are going into spasm, then keeling over sideways, swearing.

Now sat here nursing a wrist that’s getting more swollen and painful by the hour.

What a complete bell end I really am! 😥

duncancallum

Im being susan tonight so

If anyone wants to know where to find me
    I’ll be right here in the warmth of your arms
    ‘Cause you, you’re the one I can trust in
    You’ve never done me any harm

I’m putting all my troubles behind me
    I don’t feel the same when I am away from your smile
    ‘Cause you, you’re the one that can calm me down
    Whenever I get wild

Fooling myself about how to exist
    All by myself there was much I had missed
    You came and showed me what happiness is

Fooling myself about how to exist
    All by myself there was much I had missed
    You came and showed me what happiness is

If anyone wants to know where my heart is
    Tell everyone that’s it’s wrapped around yours
    ‘Cause you, you’re the one I can turn to
    You opened up the door

Read more: Crosby Stills Nash – Song For Susan Lyrics | MetroLyrics

GregMay
    Free Member

Less moist than expected.
    Warmer than expected.
    As excellent as expected.

Double beer rations for me too.

BOOM.

dazh

Cheers Greg. Enjoyed that, apart from that bloody root on the blue pig. And been a while since I did pecket well too. So where is everyone going to to Susan out of next week?

Bregante

I quite fancy not being able to do Prestwich. I’ve not not done that for a bit…

binners

How about Glentress? Or northern Spain? We could not do either of those next week?

I’ve still got a hurry wrist 🙁

GregMay
    Free Member

Daz, did you manage to crash on every descent then?

dienamic

Thanks for last night Greg, and for showing me that rock I’ve always ridden around instead of over! And yes, Daz did crash on every descent, well, Blue Pig he just kind of fell over sideways whilst looking at the root…

GregMay
    Free Member

No worries, sneaky fast line is sneaky 🙂 If you carry speed into it you tend to come out quite fast!

dazh

Yeah I did crash on every descent. Probably cos I had next to no back brake so was being a bit heavy on the front in compensation. Oh and my dodgy forks with the knackered seal. Looks like another weekend in the garage is required. Or a new bike 🙂

For the benefit of wittonweavers’ spreadsheet…

Route: https://www.strava.com/activities/438196502

Present: Greg May, myself, dienamic, Mike Rigby
    Susans: Too many to list
    Conditions: Started cold and rainy, and got warmer and less rainy by the end.
    Beer drank: Saltaire Cascade Pale Ale, Guinness and Pride of Pendle
    Crisps: A packet of salt and vineger Yorkshire crisps.
    Time I got to bed: 1.30am.

chipps

Nicely done, folks. Sorry I missed the slither. I ended up at work until 8.30 and then did some more work after tea. To make it better, I was writing about riding bikes in August on dry trails…

mikerigby

Cheers dazh, gregMay and dienamic. Enjoyed Hebden last night although I was defo fat lad at the back (FLAtB). Thanks for waiting.
    Only 1 tumble for me, and a bruised knee as a momento
    See you next Monday.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – November 23rd – Avoiding Monty Don Edition’ is closed to new replies.