Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – January 26th – BMX Night
  • wittonweavers
    Free Member

This week we have another BMX night so there is no planned ride. Having said that, I know that the BMX is proving very popular and Gaz cant accommodate everyone that wants to ride – so there may be an opportunity for those not going to the BMX to organise something else on Monday?

So the next ride is planned for Monday 2nd February. Where so we fancy riding? Suggestions please and / or volunteers to organise??!

dazh

Would Rivi/San Marino be suicidal at this time of year? I’m always happy to cobble something together round Tod if there’s any appetite for riding up(and down) stupidly steep hills.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Did the BMX thing pass me by? Any spare spots going?

ETA: Daz, yes. Yes it would be. 😯

binners

xherbivorex
    Free Member

you not on the email distribution list eightyeight? Gaz sent a mail out about it a couple of weeks ago i think.

duncancallum

I’m up for rivvy as I’m local……

Harry_the_Spider

I’m going to watch the BMXing then go to the pub.

dazh

Just to be clear I was talking about Feb 2nd not the 26th. I’m going BMXing too on the 26th.

Maybe we need another thread…

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Thanks for that Daz – i blame Gaz for starting the second one!

I’m more than happy to organise something on Winter Hill if people fancy it – not sure about San Marino though. Its very wet up top – or it will be if this snow melts! Think we need to keep to low levels. Just my opinion – i will go with the majority!

What about Ramsbottom? Meet at the Hare and Hounds – up to the tower and then follow the moor over past the woods and into Edenfield and then back down the valley to Rammy?

Binners must know a decent route through there?

Bregante

I can’t do this week as I’m on a course playing with this lot on Monday and Tuesday.

[video]http://youtu.be/V1OI88R1C1c[/video]

binners

WW – I’m BMXing. We could do that when its a bit drier. I know a few routes. But with this snow melting, it’ll be an absolute quagmire up on the moor at the moment

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Binners – i was talking about the week after the BMX!

The route i was proposing would keep off the moor and keep us at a lower level?

binners

WW – we might be best starting from Rammy. I think the Brewery is open on a Monday now. Its only worth doing the H&H if you’re finishing with Reddisher Woods. As we’ll be coming down from Edenfield, we could finish coming down by the Fishermans.

It’ll mean the joy of the Rake to start 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

That sounds fine! Sorted!

mintimperial

Oi Binners! Rik (riklegge on here) has asked me to ask you if you could bring him his MNPR t-shirt tonight please? Fank you! 🙂

piemann
    Free Member

Afternoon chaps.

Are there any slots left for BMX’ing tonight?

Harry_the_Spider

Anyone bobbing along to watch?

Bregante

Might do.

Harry_the_Spider

We can offer advice.

Bregante

I know the quickest route to most of the major hospitals* too 😀

*for the cost of the petrol

Bregante

What time does it start??

Harry_the_Spider

Starts at 8:00. I’ll be there shortly after. Andrew Moore is going too.

brennak

I was hoping to come down and watch but still not able to drive with the poorly shoulder hope you all have a great time and hopefully see you all soon

Bregante

MNPR BMX night

Apologies for the pic quality.

dazh

I was wondering my wrists hurt after that landing.

binners

Bloody great fun yet again! Amongst the scenes of knackered, wheezing fat blokes, some people appear to be running the risk of looking like they know what they’re doing. Surely this violates every principle of the MNPR. More ineptitude, buffoonery, and falling off is most definitely required 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Binners – thats my lad on that picture. The last thing i need is someone telling him he looked like he knew what he was doing!

Incidently the very next attempt he had at that he ended up flat on the floor – so there is natural justice out there!

Thanks again to Gaz for organising it – another great night. If we keep going monthly then by about August i think i may get the wheels off the ground…

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i just spotted the revealing of my full name in this thread! bugger!

Harry_the_Spider

Are you a super hero or fugative with a secret identity?

If you are on the run from the law you should probably stop going on push bike rides with coppers.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yes to all of that.

binners

WW – I actually posted that picture on Instagram with the caption ‘this is all going to end in tears’. It did. Approximately 3 seconds later. Aaaaaaaah the folly of youth 😀

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – January 26th – BMX Night’ is closed to new replies.