Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – January 25th – Holcombe / Edgworth SuperLoop™
  • Harry_the_Spider

Hare and Hounds, Holcombe BL0 9RY
    8:15 Blast off
    Bring money for beer.

Same route as we did in December.

trolleywheels
    Free Member

We did this last night (We missed out Jumbles) Be aware it’s very washed away in places although it’s just about rideable/walkable.

Apparently the back route to Jumbles, near the greasy flags doesn’t exist any more.

I’ll be there nonetheless.

Lee

wittonweavers
    Free Member

We did that loop last night. the ground was pretty hard with the frost which was good although not as hard as the rock that Bregante whacked with his knee! Also, the ground is set to thaw and more rain is forecast!

We will need to modify the route just a little bit as the track down to the Jumbles from Turton Bottoms has had its bridge washed away. No matter its easily changed…

chipps

Can’t make it, sorry.

Bregante

not as hard as the rock that Bregante whacked with his knee!

Yep. My knee definitely came off second best there….

I might struggle getting into my skinny jeans for a few days.

mikerigby

I’m in.

wors

We will need to modify the route just a little bit as the track down to the Jumbles from Turton Bottoms has had its bridge washed away. No matter its easily changed…

Easy enough to hop over the brook where the bridge was. Went over the at the weekend, was fine.

gixer71109
    Free Member

I’m in

Bregante

Update on the knee. After the most innocuous fall ever on wednesdays night ride I ended up at a&e today with a very swollen knee. Turns out I have torn my patellar tendon (again!) and as a result I am off the bike for about 3 months 👿

I may or may not see you in the spring/early summer.

Gutted.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Bloody hell. Heal well fella.

binners

Bloody hell! What it is with you and the trails round here? Really sorry to hear that mate. What a bloody nightmare! Heal quick fella.

As usual with rides starting from the H&H, I’ll meet you up at the Shoulder. Because I ain’t riding all the way down the hill to turn round and ride right back up it again. I have to do that once you lot have had your pint and crisps and buggered off.

Anyway… better late than never… some graphics….

Harry_the_Spider

Sheesh Russ!

Think I’ll start wearing my knee pads after that and Steve eviscerating himself the other week.

Bregante

Been back to a&e today as my kneecap seems to have moved up into my lower thigh, which usually means the tendon has completely snapped. Awaiting an appointment for an mri now but this feels far worse than the last time I had the same injury. Can’t bloody walk now so will be off work a while too which isn’t going to go down well.

Harry_the_Spider

Who’s playing out?

dazh

Yeah I’ll be there. Looks like the last chance before the winter monsoon returns.

binners

I’m definitely out tonight. As Daz said, it looks like we’ve got a brief window before its wetter than an otters pocket again, and we’re back to needing a canoe or gills

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yes i will be out tonight.

I think its forecast to rain quite heavily today between 4 and 6 but will be dry later. We did the route last Wednesday night and i was surprised how much surface water was on the ground – especially on the horseshoe over to Crowthorn. Its going to be very mild tonight but i would expect to get very wet from the ground…

I think we should modify the route once we get to the Strawbury Duck so that we go down the Witton Weavers to Turton Tower and then down to the Jumbles from there. Mechanicals and time dependent of course!

brennak

I’m still trying to shake off a bout of man flu I’ll have to give it a miss tonight with a bit of luck should be ok for the Evans ride on Saturday

dazh

I think its forecast to rain quite heavily today between 4 and 6

Are you trying to put people off? I know you’ve missed a couple so far this year but it’s a bit early to be resorting to those tactics to rise up the attendance league table 🙂

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Haha no quite the opposite!

When it does rain (shortly) i wanted to head off the deluge of susanisms with the thought that it will pass and be drier later!

mikerigby

A swolen foot has riuned my weekend and today’s ride. So close to coming back after a 3 week cold and foiled by gout. Enjoy the ride guys.

binners

Gout? Have you been beamed back to 1857 Mike?

Harry_the_Spider

I’m top of the leader board at the moment. I shall be packing my knee pads in case somebody tries to knobble me with a “Russ Manoeuvre”.

mikerigby

Hi Binners. The disease of Kings and the rich so they tell me. It does not make me feel like a king, and there are certainly no rich people here!
    I should be fit to pedal again next week in time for the bring your kayak edition. Might think about using the knee pads too.

Harry_the_Spider

Weather forecast is now clear and dry.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

nope, i have to work until 9pm today.

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

It’s not clear and dry in Rammy right now. Just absolutely bounced it down.
    I’m not riding. Mrs has a meeting tonight so I’m looking after the kids.

binners

I’ve just driven home in what could be best described as a monsoon. Absolutely biblical! It’s stopped now though. It’ll be reet! 🙂

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

conditions on the hill yesterday were abysmal… Stay on the road. Keep clear of the moors… Beware the moon!

dazh

Christ this is probably the most negatively pitched MNPR in history. Whatever happened to blind optimism and lying about the weather/conditions to tempt people out?

binners

I’ve got my speedo’s on. They’re my leapard print ones. Your favourites. Does that help?

Harry_the_Spider

Show off.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Loved that tonight! Thanks! Good ride, good banter and good beer!

Harry_the_Spider

Top run chaps.

details

binners

I needed that! That was a belting run out. Cheers chaps!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – January 25th – Holcombe / Edgworth SuperLoop™’ is closed to new replies.