Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – December 8th (Songs of Praise Christmas Special Edition)
  • Harry_the_Spider

Church Inn, Prestwich M25 1AJ
    8:15
    Bring beer money

As they are filming the Songs of Praise Christmas special at the church named after the pub it may be best to park a little further away as the area outside could be full of BBC outside broadcast trucks and Aled Jones’s (fig 1.)Winnebago (fig 2.). May I suggest Greengate Lane near Firwood Building Supplies then cut between the flats to the pub. Only about 100m, but on a different road.

fig 1.

fig 2.

plumber
    Free Member

This thread needs a Binners poster!!

tthew

I’m in*,
    Is this the also the pre-Christmas tinsel and fairy lights edition, or will that later in the month?

*Ministry of Fun and Domestic Affairs approval pending.

Harry_the_Spider

This thread needs a Binners poster!!

All threads need a Binners poster.

Is this the also the pre-Christmas tinsel and fairy lights edition,

If you like.

edhornby

I’m in !

are we all going to point the lights at the church to see if we can get them shining through the windows and getting in on a shot ? wait for the singing so it makes it harder to edit out 🙂

binners

I may burn in fiery damnation for this….

Bregante

Love it!! 😀

As my celebrity mate has yet to come through with any access all areas passes for that thing I mentioned then …. I’m in.
    Praise The Lord!

scaled
    Free Member

That’s the funniest thing i’ve ever seen on the internets.

Winner

GregMay
    Free Member

If it’s the sparkle edition I’m in. I’ll try to outdo what I did last year.

Bregante

And verily, the prophet binners has confirmed that Jesus did indeed ride a bike made in Halifax. 😀

Amen.

tthew

Brilliant Binners, the best so far, (although I did like the BMX one also) You’re definitely going downstairs for that!

Harry_the_Spider

It would make a great Christmas Card design.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Yep i think you can count me in although obviously if its cold or wet i will probably bail out at the last minute…

Will have to pop down to the range and find some battery powered Christmas lights to decorate myself with!

As mentioned, great artwork as always Binners!

When are we doing a Christmas ride and drink… with less of the ride but plenty of drink?!

GregMay
    Free Member

The bike has been sparkled. Lets hope it dries up a little :/

scaled
    Free Member

I’m hoping that my wheels make it back to me in time for monday night – lent them to a mate for the weekend. Fingers cross, I quite fancy being on telly

Bregante

So far I’m still in. The lovely Mrs B has a very important interview on Tuesday morning which she has studied for for weeks. If she has a last minute crisis of confidence I may have to cry off but the bike will be in the car on the way to work.

Harry_the_Spider

Bike ready, lights juiced up and I’ve not mentioned my sore knee all week to the missus so she thinks it is fixed.

How about a few laps of Philips, the climb up to Hurst Woods then head back to the pub via waterdale? Try and keep out of the mud.

Bregante

Sounds like a plan.

mintimperial

Ok, assuming I can get across the high Pennine passes tomorrow I’m in for this. I’ll herd up the yaks and bribe the sherpas with double rations.

binners

You’ll never make it! Its snowmageddon up here!!! I dad to scrape my windscreen this morning and every fink!

Actually…. the sky is absolutely pitch black here! Looks like we’re in for more shortly. I bloody love riding in the snow!! Its doesn’t hurt when you fall off 😀

Harry_the_Spider

Weather forecast is good actually. No rain, no snow, no hot hail, blood or frogs.

Actually, there may be frogs.

Interestingly the noise that you make when you run over a frog sounds a lot like “Sepp Blatter”.

GregMay
    Free Member

My nose thinks it needs to produce all the worlds quantity of snot today. But I’ll be out to play for a bit.

mintimperial

You’ll never make it! Its snowmageddon up here!!! I dad to scrape my
    windscreen this morning and every fink!

Yep. Epic scenes of natural devastation here from the Huddersfield Examiner:

Meanwhile, you can tell Christmas is coming: the first Beemer-driver of the season has somehow 720ed off a completely straight bit of road in 1/2 an inch of slush…

GregMay
    Free Member

Ahh the joyful mating dance of the rear wheeled drive car.

binners

All the Gareth Cheesemans at work have company Beemers. They were regaling each other with their near death experiences this morning. Makes you wonder which genius made the decision to buy a fleet of rear wheel drive cars, when you’re based in the East Lancs hills

Harry_the_Spider

Russ, your excuse for a no-show is the best ever. Won’t repeat it on here for operational reasons.

binners

That really is the best excuse I’ve ever heard! I’m the only one of the Rammy contingent not presently nursing cycling-related injuries. Which is already making me a bit nervous about this evening. Its lent proceedings an air of foreboding 😯

chipps

I’ll be there. No Clover as she’s off to That London. And I’ll be on a 21lb silly racerboy bike just to make things even more precarious.

eightyeight
    Free Member

I have grossy overestimated how long it would take me to ride here. Never mind, I’ve got a couple of heckles in on How Great Thou Art already.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Good ride tonight fellas.

I left my rear skewer next to where we parked the cars – is anyone local who can have a gander tomorrow morning?

binners

Cracking ride tonight chaps. Home now and sat with a beer, cheese on toast (with Worcester sauce naturally), a freshly delivered, unopened copy of Singletrack to read, and I just had a wee in the back yard while I was putting the bike away. Life doesn’t get much better than this! 😀

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Have to say that that was a very enjoyable ride tonight chaps! Wasn’t particularly looking forward to going out in the cold but as is often the case, the most enjoyable rides are the least expected!

Peace be with you!

AndyF1
    Free Member

Cheers Fellas,was a good do!

Harry_the_Spider

I just had a wee in the back yard

Alfresco pissing in your own garden makes you feel more manly than Henry VIII. Fact.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Aled Jones wasn’t there apparently. Mica Paris was there instead. The thing didn’t finish til midnight.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Had a look for the missing axle – couldn’t see owt. whereabouts should I be looking? bottom end of Warwick St or nearer to Bury New Rd? on the ‘nice’ side or the other side next to the flats?

binners

After Chipps letting me out on his carbon race missile, I’ve got N+1 to a ridiculous degree. Its gone on my list to Santa, but to be honest, I’ve not been that well behaved this year. So… with them being so reasonably priced, I was just going to order one anyway. I’m sure Mrs Binners wn’t mind at all. But somewhat disappointingly Evans haven’t got them in my size. How frightfully disappointing. Oh well. I suppose its coke and hookers again then 😥

Bregante

Blummin eck did I miss binners on clown wheels??

eightyeight
    Free Member

Terrahawk – thanks for looking, and that’s a fine question.

My best description is:
    – Go down the side of the pub
    – Take the first right, up the hill
    – Follow for about 80m
    – There’s a wall (painted white?) on the right
    – Just there

Any use?

wors

After Chipps letting me out on his carbon race missile, I’ve got N+1 to a ridiculous degree.

I have an irrational want for a 29er race bike, never ridden one. I was in Leisure lakes a few weeks back eyeing up a specialized carve. I NEED one!!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – December 8th (Songs of Praise Christmas Special Edition)’ is closed to new replies.