Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – August 3rd – Todmorden
  • gofasterstripes
    Free Member

These gloves, it transpires I kidnapped them, must have grabbed them by mistake in the hurry to catch the train. Sorry.

I’m in Bradford – how can we fix this?

Harry_the_Spider

By post?

….just a thought.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Of course, but I thought I heard Steve say he came to Bradford or something sometimes.

stevedrakey
    Free Member

No worries, I used to live in Bradford, I sometimes can be found in Judy Woods 🙂 or near the Ski sloop

If you’re visiting somewhere in the middle anytime soon maybe then maybe we could meet. Or just post them if that’s the easiest way.

I thought it was the ‘more than one pint’ that had made me put them down somewhere silly 🙂

Thanks

dazh

Glad the gloves surfaced in the end. That must have been the shortest MNPR distance-wise in history. Hope the bruises aren’t too bad Harry. Think I’ll cross that descent off the list for future night rides.

There were various people asking about the Hebden thursday rides. If anyone’s interested there’s details here of how to join the mailing list.

mintimperial

Good ride that. Good to get out on a bike in decent weather again… 😀

Harry_the_Spider

It was a belter. The sunset through the wind farm was stunning.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Hey – Steve, can you email me [check my profile] and we’ll sort it out.

Ta

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

LOL

Bregante

Seems every ride up there Harry ends up yards away from the actual trail without his bike for one reason or another… 😀

Harry_the_Spider

I was just checking if my shoes were waterproof.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I genuinely didn’t mean to get you in that, but I was pressing the shutter release with my nose [gloves] and I must have slightly changed angle, sorry.

Hows the thumb/chest anyway?

Harry_the_Spider

Sore.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Are you sure nothing is broken?

Harry_the_Spider

Yeah. My feet didn’t get wet.

mike399
    Free Member

Great pictures guys!

stevedrakey
    Free Member

Someone mentioned another decent that takes you all the way to the bottom (eg, canal level not Shepherds Rest level )

Were does this decent start? Or what’s it called on Strava? I am hoping to-do it this lunch time.

Thanks

Edit – Is it ‘Top Banana’ starts near the Top Brink

nach
    Free Member

That’s the one. It’s nice but short. I wish it didn’t turn into a straight line made of gravel as it gets to the rubbish tip, but the section before that is good, a little less techy than the Stoodley sheep trail.

stevedrakey
    Free Member

If I can find my spare gloves, I will do it now 🙂 my wife put them in a safe place never to be seen 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

MNPR kleptomaniac reporting: just off to post your gloves back 😀

Bregante

You be careful at that Post Office. No picking fights this time. 😀

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Posted. Blurring applied to the picture, not to the actual package 😉

No Sams were harmed in the posting of this small parcel.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Some great pictures from Monday – shame to have missed it!

But i’m back in the game and mobile again so i will be out next week. Is the plan still to do Sabden? Hope so it was great last time – in fact its one of my top 3 MNPR’s of 2015 so far!

In no particular order:

Sabden 23rd March
    Ramsbottom 6th April
    Littleborough 18th April

For anyone thinking ‘ooh its a bit far on a Monday night, it wasn’t much further (both in time and mileage) of heading to Littleborough or Tod (from the Manchester area).

Yes there is some climbing but it was really great nevertheless!

Harry_the_Spider

Sabden is on.

Details tomorrow.

Steve is our leader.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Steve is our leader.

I remember last last time…

wittonweavers
    Free Member

That must have been the shortest MNPR distance-wise in history.

Alas not Daz. Silver medal i’m afraid.

You squeezed in a massive 10.5km which failed to beat the record held by Binners (2015 only) whose ride amassed a staggering 9.9km on 2nd Feb. Despite its brevity, it was a great ride (Intersteller Sheep Trail et al) and topped of with chip butties in the Rose & Crown half way up The Rake…

Bregante

wittonweavers earlier

Although I do remember that ride. Still got the scars on my chest to remind me….

Harry_the_Spider

[farawaylook]Ahhhh….The famous snow ride[/farawaylook]

stevedrakey
    Free Member

Thanks for sending the gloves back 🙂

dazh

Alas not Daz. Silver medal i’m afraid.

Have you got a spreadsheet of these or something?

wittonweavers
    Free Member

now that would be particularly sad and geeky wouldn’t it….

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Is that a yes then?

langylad
    Free Member

Bugger, is Sabden this monday? I really wanted to do this one as I am nearby, but i am running a kids cricket match. Time to start looking for a stand in umpire

wittonweavers
    Free Member

yes

Bregante

wittonweavers – Member

*checks spreadsheet.

yes

wittonweavers
    Free Member

At the outset of the year I started to pen an article about what makes a ride enjoyable. There seems to be many contributing factors and i was quite keen to see if there was a pattern emerging. i kept a lot of stats regarding weather, gradient, numbers on rides, exertion, fluidity etc but the overall ‘wow factor’ of a ride didnt necessarily correlate with the obvious.

For example, some of my favorite rides of the year were the coldest or wettest. Maybe involved the most climbing or finished with a chip butty (no brainer).

As a result i have a large spreadsheet, detailing attendance (or lack of) which throws up some interesting stuff, even if it totally fails to identify what makes a good ride!

Bregante

As a result i have a large spreadsheet, detailing attendance (or lack of) which throws up some interesting stuff,

The long winter nights must fly by…..

wittonweavers
    Free Member

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Ooh, we really must discuss the modifications I have made to my PC this week for the sake of overcoming the problems I have had with managing airflow for SLI Geforce 970’s on a motherboard where the only PCIe x16 slots are separated by only a single slot. I utilised a PCIe extension cable and some interesting bodges with a set of standoff mounts to mount the card over the next PCI slot by raising the card up…..

http://www.overclock.net/t/1461359/official-xeon-x5660-x58-review-discussion-and-xeon-l5639-benchmarks-inside/4700_100#post_24257231

Bregante

^^ That’s not just dull, it’s barely English.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – August 3rd – Todmorden’ is closed to new replies.