Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – 9th May – Mordor: The Second Attempt Edition
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

i have to be up for work at 5.30am.
    i’m going up rivington pike instead tonight; that way i can be home in about 10 minutes (probably more like 5 on dry trails!).

scaled
    Free Member

Well, at least it was dusty!

Bregante

Sounds ominous 😀 Problems?

scaled
    Free Member

We managed to lose 5? On the first climb.

Cracking evening for it though

Harry_the_Spider

The GoPro forage of Mr Terrahawk going A over T will be made available to the highest bidder.

Stravisimo

dazh

Well that was eventful. There were people scattered everywhere. Although I think we just about snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. 21 (that right?) is a record this year. Maybe we should do the CB radio thing that’s often been talked about when we’re expecting those numbers?

Bregante

Great pic. Surprised to see my top 10 placing is still (just) intact across there 🙂

nach
    Free Member

Thanks all! Good turnout.

dazh – Member
    Maybe we should do the CB radio thing that’s often been talked about when we’re expecting those numbers?

That’s not a terrible idea. I was on a ride recently where we were lost and having a guy scout ahead with a radio made a massive difference.

View from the White House:

binners

Great run that tonight! Perfect conditions! Managing to get to the top of the first climb like a bunch of refugees – the furst climb – is going some even for us

Got some lovely shots though. I’ll post them up tomorrow

mintimperial

Just to add to the list of fun stuff that occurred on this ride, we stopped an incipient moorland fire on the way home, with a portable pressure washer.

Driving out of Newhey over to Denshaw I spotted a fair sized patch of flames on the side of the road, so we jumped out and tried to stamp it down. It was all dry grass and peat and it flared up, so Rik called it in to 999, who sent a fire engine straight out. In the meantime I remembered the pressure washer in the back of the van, and used it to put the fire out. Then we spotted a bigger, second one a bit further back down the road, so we drove down and put that one out too. By the time the firemen arrived we’d got it pretty much sorted, although a couple of bits were still smouldering away so they finished the job off for us… 😀

Interesting end to an interesting ride!

Harry_the_Spider

swoon.

[edit]On second thoughts I’ll delete the photo of the “hunky fireman” as I may want to open the thread up at work and it would be too difficult to explain.[/edit]

Bregante

Good work Tom! I believe Darwen Moor was ablaze (again) last night – believed to be deliberate 🙄

terrahawk
    Free Member

The GoPro forage of Mr Terrahawk going A over T will be made available to the highest bidder.

I will match any bid 🙂

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Darwen Moor was ablaze (again) last night – believed to be deliberate

ladybower yesterday too (portable BBQ to blame), road closed at the snake while they dealt with it. there’s a lot of it about.

i bought a GoPro-a-like last week. it’ll be good to get footage of you all riding off leaving me behind soon!

binners

The moors behind Peel Tower were on fire last week too. Its staggering to think that people are doing this deliberately.

Anyhooo….. heres some piccies from last night.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GVDGtV]Sunset over Hollingworth[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/G76P2d]Sunset over Hollingworth[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GTjmMm]Sunset over Hollingworth[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GYCtzs]Hollingworth lake panoramic[/url] by bin lid, on Flickr

mintimperial

I think there’s a chance these fires were started on purpose. There was a bloke sat in his car just down from the second one we put out, he drove off with some story about ‘talking to his missus’ when we rolled up, and acted surprised when we pointed out that there was a fire burning away right in front of him. Gave his reg to the firemen just in case.

Nice pics Binners, was beautiful out. 🙂

mikerigby

Enjoyed the rides last night and great photos. Roll on next Monday. Cheers guys and girls.

Harry_the_Spider

Nest week… Edgeworth for some Dambusting.

mikerigby

Why not!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – 9th May – Mordor: The Second Attempt Edition’ is closed to new replies.