• This topic has 38 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Monday morning sausage roll Russian roulette. Will I die?
  • binners

Right. Heres the dilemma. Its all a bit taxing for the start of the week, I know, but stick with it. I bought a sausage roll on Friday lunchtime, but due to being temporarily distracted by the whole McRib issue, I didn’t eat it.

I know…… I know…..As oversights go, its huge. A sausage roll I forgot to eat? Can you imagine? I’m embarrassed, quite frankly. Its not even a Greggs one. Its one of the really nice ones from the bakery down the road. They’re very peppery.

So… its been sat in my desk drawer since Friday afternoon. The heatings not on in here at the weekend, and its been effing freezing for the last 3 days. Literally. I’ve given it a sniff, and it smells ok. Bottom line is that I’ve not had any breakfast, I’m really hungry, and…. well…. its a sausage roll FFS. And not even a Greggs one. Its one of the really nice ones from the bakery down the road. They’re very peppery.

Being honest, putting it in the bin is going to get my week off to the worst start imaginable. I may never come back from it. Food poisoning might conceivably be worse physically. But not as psychologically shattering as the alternative.

So… what do you reckon? Worth the risk? Would you be able to resist? Will I die?

Bregante

Get it down yer.

Built in excuse for later innit 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

even bacteria need a viable nutritional medium within which to grow. Your sausage roll is probably not one of those.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

do it do it do it do it.

What’s the worst that could happen?

chambord
    Free Member

I’d eat it.

somouk
    Free Member

Nuke it in the microwave then eat it.

dknwhy

Eat it and then if you get ill, you’ll get a few days off work.

Win win situation as far as i’m concerned.

bearnecessities

Warm it just a little bit until it’s short of being actually hot, leave for 10 mins and then eat.

That’s Russian Roulette.

fasthaggis

Are you sure you have enough room?

😛

sharkbait
    Free Member

There’s no meat in sausage rolls just testicles – and, judging by the bollocks spouted on here sometimes, it seems it never gets old!

If you don’t want it send it to me by snail mail and I’ll have it next week.

Bregante

I bought a meat and tater pie from a petrol station on Saturday morning and stuffed it in my pack when we went for a ride. When we stopped while wittonweavers fixed a snapped chain I decided I was peckish. The damn thing was half frozen like a big meat n tater ice pop.

Still finished it though.

johnners
    Free Member

I’d eat it.

But only if it was very peppery.

mogrim

Stop being such a wuss and eat it.

Stoner
    Free Member

I call troll. He’s already scoffed it.

allthepies
    Free Member

Is it a peppery one ?

binners

You’re right. Its now an ex-sausage roll

It was very peppery 😀

martinhutch

Mmmm….campylobacter….

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

drunk some beer and eat it.. no one ever had food poisoning from an after pub doner kebab .. 🙂

footflaps

Mmmm….campylobacter….

You sure, looks like some form of Italian sausage to me…

66deg
    Free Member

Have the stomach cramps kicked in yet?

bikebouy
    Free Member

#properbloke

😆

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Heat it up… leave for a few hours, then reheat again and leave a few more hours. Eat just before heading home and there is a good chance you can have the rest of the week off AND loose weight as a nice side bonus!

maccruiskeen

lets make this interesting… do you have access to a webcam binners?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGR65CXaNA[/video]

allthepies
    Free Member

“through the eye of a needle”

spawnofyorkshire

campylobacter

been there, it was not pretty

“through the eye of a needle”

More like tipping a bucket of water into the toilet

robdob
    Free Member

I would have eaten it.

Why on earth would you not?

maccruiskeen

More like tipping a bucket of water into the toilet

the sound of a shelf load of library books being dropped on the floor

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my work colleague said “if the sausage isn’t pourable, then eat it”.

i have no opinion on this matter though. for obvious reasons.

binners

Well… I’m still alive. There are some quite frightening sounding gurgling noises, but to be honest, thats par for the course at any time for me. I’ve done the only logical thing and been and got myself another sausage roll (yes, the peppery ones – it was very nice) of a fresher vintage. The way my brain works this will act as a cunningly James-Bond-film style antidote to any poison in my system, and thus prevent any noises like the sound of a sack of builders rubble being emptied into a swimming poll

I’ll keep you posted ass to how well it works

bearnecessities

I’ll keep you posted ass to how well it works

Oh, I think that’ll be working fine.

binners

Just to confirm…. I’m still alive

So if you’re ever in two minds about eating a 3 day old sausage roll, don’t be. You’ll be fine! 😀

torsoinalake
    Free Member

You’re not out of the woods yet:

The incubation period (the time between eating contaminated food and the onset of symptoms) for food poisoning caused by campylobacter is 2-5 days.

The incubation period for food poisoning caused by salmonella is 12-48 hours.

The incubation period for food poisoning caused by listeria can vary considerably, from two days to three months.

The incubation period for food poisoning caused by E. coli is usually 3-4 days, but it’s possible for symptoms to take longer to appear (up to two weeks).

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Food-poisoning/Pages/Causes.aspx

footflaps

You’re not out of the woods yet:

You learn something knew every day!

Listeria is a slow bugger, 3 flipping months, what is it doing for all that time, nesting?

binners

ads678

I had campylobacter last August on a camping trip to spain, at one point I spent nearly 4 hours in the campsite bogs while the cleaner was cleaning the rest of the toilet block, god knows what she thought was happening in there!

3 1/2 weeks in total and a course of antibiotics before I was right, lost 10kg’s as well which was a bonus!!

Think that was a dodgy scallop though, I would have eaten the sausage roll!!

cheez0
    Free Member

Its all gone quiet.. no wifi in the shithouse OP?

binners

I have just had another 2 small sausage rolls. They’re from another local bakery, and are even betterer than the peppery ones from the other bakery, as they’re really mustardy.

Mustard definitely kills all germs. I’ll be reet 😀

66deg
    Free Member

*Calling JHJ to uncover link between HRH and Binners.*

hora
    Free Member

Yee Gawds binners. I’m taking your certificate on manliness of you.

If I had (my equivalent) a pork pie in my ownership the thing would be smashed/demolished immediately nevermind left in a **** drawer.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Monday morning sausage roll Russian roulette. Will I die?’ is closed to new replies.