Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief No. 37 – Where did you get to? What did you ride?
  • Dave
    Free Member
    MadPierre

Arrived back from 2 weeks in Whistler on Saturday 😀 Post holiday blues and jetlag now… 🙁

binners

I went exploring a little bit further afield than usual. With having Cragg and Lee on my doorstep, as well as a load of other trails, I’ve got pretty lazy, and been riding variations on a theme, route-wise

So Saturday I got the OS Map out and roadied 10 miles, on my tod, over to Burnley, then turned off road on a complete make-it-up-as-you-go-along, follow-your-nose explore. I found some great new stuff. The sun was out and I only got lost once. I love days like that 😀

RustySpanner

Where did you end up binners?

There’s so much to go at, it’s daft.
    The bit from the Singing Ringing Tree down to Lumb is fun.
    Quite a few gates though.

We did Cant Clough, the Windfarm on Long Causeway, Green’s Clough, Thieveley Pike then the wonderful bit of the PBW down past the Mary Towneley memorial.

All good.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Kos airport, Manchester airport, utility room where I destruciton tested the washing machine, didn’t even see a bike!! 😐

mcnultycop

New bottom bracket (not very exciting) and first dropper post (KS Lev, very exciting) installed on the Canyon. I just rode locally to make sure my installation skills were up to scratch, around Tandle Hill and Chadderton Park. I was surprised how much I actually used the dropper; I don’t think it was just novelty value either.

Llandegla tomorrow night after work.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Local singletrack with the other half. Gearing up for sunny days and big mountains next month 🙂

Tracey

Only managed to get out for a couple of hours yesterday. Went across Blacca Moor, down into the woods for a mess and back via Houndskirk Moor.

binners

Rusty, I picked up the Burnley Way from Clow Bridge, up over the moors past the weather station, then over to Haslingdon, dropped back down to Rawtenstall, then home down the Irwell

Fancy showing me round some of your trails sometime, there’s loads of stuff over there!

stever
    Free Member

An hour of cx hill reps Saturday, 80-odd miles on the road Sunday up the Trough of Bowland. I’m on the wrong forum aren’t I 🙂

BillOddie

Was out early on Saturday morning and completely sleepwalked (is that a word?) through my ride.

Was nice out though…

Then yesterday, took a break from house sorting to take this little ripper out for a spin round the woods! He’s coming on great guns! Already has Pro Elbows (TM)

_tom_
    Free Member

Working all weekend but got to Woburn yesterday after work for a quick singletrack spin 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

junior bandito #2’s first go on the bike seat. He loved it. Rode 3 miles to a pub. Had lunch, rode back.
    Perfect

davetrave
    Free Member

I got to A&E and rode the misery train… No biking for ages. Bum…

jam-bo

shed a little blood fitting my new thick/thin chainring…

Vortexracing

Manchester 100 for me

trailhound
    Free Member

5 days in the Big Apple – but as much as I’ve enjoyed it, really looking forward to getting back home to Wales on wed and finding some solitude out in the hills!

somouk
    Free Member

Tissington Trail with the Mrs for me. Certainly proved to her that she’s capable of more than a few miles.

gregwaring
    Free Member

First time back on the bike after 8 weeks out due to displaced fractured clavicle. 13 miles on easy local trails, and ridden in a thoroughly mince fashion, but boy it felt good. Quick recovery to davetrave, one goes out and another comes back in!

brakes
    Free Member

Stage 1 of the Tour de France 2014 for me, plus a little bit added on at the end.

136 miles of road riding awesomeness in Yorkshire’s second finest national park.

Leeds > Otley > Ilkley > Skipton > Grassington > Aysgarth > Askrigg > Hawes > up and around Buttertubs and along the Swale > Reeth > Leyburn > Ripon > Harrogate > Leeds.

Some nasty headwinds and boring roads along the route (we tried to take some backroads where the official route was on fast dull carriageways), but what’s a road ride without mental and physical suffering?

Beautiful scenery, tricky climbs with rewarding views and descents, quiet roads, top chat with old mates and the odd sheep.

Rides like that remind why I love bikes SOOOOOO much.

RustySpanner

Binners, you’re more than welcome mate.
    Will drop you a line when I next have a weekend off.

Might stick a post up and see if anyone fancies a pootle.

Ta for the heads up on those cheap Nobby Nics, btw.
    Tried them yesterday, they were great.

martinhutch

Morning ride around Grizedale and Claife. Brilliant fun. Except meeting a load of 4x4s as I bounced down one of the descents. I always seem to find them on at least one of the descents at Grizedale, normally the Kankku people.

Oh, and doing this:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/thule-towbar-bike-rack-arms-quite-bendy

DoctorRad
    Free Member

22 mile and one pint loop around Bristol Airport. Lush, dry trails, almost all of them new to me.

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?lnk=https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1279811/AirportLoop.gpx

Yetiman
    Free Member

An early morning solo ride on my local hill Bennachie. Great fun as usual but by jove it was windy (partly curry induced, but also meteorological). I ended up with 3 layers on to stave off the cold.

benji
    Free Member

First event of the new cyclocross season, and a few words with the main man of this parish.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

No riding for me this weekend but made a start on servicing the bike and getting it ready for a trip to snowdon in a couple of weeks.

The chunky monkey and shiny clean cassette both look good. Now just have to decide whether I want to put a new chain on it or clean the existing one…

core

Radnor Forest – there was a rally on (my other hobby), so combined watching that with a spin on the bikes, rode a mix of fire road, off road 4×4 trails, bridleways & some good old, and natural singletrack.

It’s my local wood but still learning it, think we’ve got some good routes to link together again now.

Stunning views from the top too.

ianv
    Free Member

Saturday. La Molina
    Sunday. Vallnord
    😀

onewheelgood

I didn’t get out to ride, but I did go and spend the afternoon at the 6th round of the Schwalbe British 4X championship held at Leamington Spa. Never been to watch 4X before, but it was a great way to spend the time. Good atmosphere, entertaining commentary, great racing at all levels. Very well organised too. Can’t understand why there weren’t more people there, especially since it was free. Kudos to the organisers and all the racers.

chives
    Free Member

Nowhere this weekend, (put my back out) but last bankholiday weekend had an 88 mile day out; (rode from home to the Quantocks, ride / pub / ride then rode home again).

[/url]
    20130824_145916 [/img]

Hodder Combe

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Road bike this weekend. Had a fab ride with the club out to Grindleford, but I’ll confess that a big old headwind whilst riding up Winnat’s Pass is not conducive to a quick ascent. At one point I was blown halfway across the road. Entertaining at best, a touch dangerous at worst, but I got to the top still smiling.

ComradeD
    Free Member

Got the train from Leeds to Sowerby Bridge and went up over Norland Moor then over on to Saddleworth Rd and did the long descent in to Marsden. The top half of it is bone dry at the moment and is ridiculously fast

It was also incredibly windy up on the moors, head wind all the way.

takisawa2

Did a quick lap of Cannock’s Follow ye Dog on Friday.
    Very fast, very dry.
    Ace.

jekkyl

East midlands 20 mile loop for me, out of Ticknall. ride report here:
    ticknall medium route 🙂

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

I raced the Grand Junction off road in Colorado! Superb, frighteningly technical, magically remote!

They even let me stand on the box at the end, and take home a cheque!

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Early start sat’day 5.45am. rode C2C with my lad Ben, fantastic days riding! No headwinds for us 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Marin trail and a top quality xc link back to capel curig via crafnant

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

friday (had a long weekend off) ~3hr loop in Chilterns
    saturday 55mile road smash with mate training for ironman
    sunday 4hrs in forest of dean.

cinnamon_girl

After a 3 month lay-off, Saturday saw a little pootle in single figures. It did however include some secret singletrack that was as fun as it’s ever been. 🙂

Sunday saw another pootle with a huge amount of singletrack that took me up to Twyford Down. Bitterly regret not joining the protest there many years ago, gorgeous place but the noise from the motorway was dreadful. 🙁

Some fab new singletrack really rounded off the day. 8)

vickypea
    Free Member

On Saturday I did a 4 h ride with mr pea and 4 friends near Chatsworth. Lots of climbing and good laughs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief No. 37 – Where did you get to? What did you ride?’ is closed to new replies.