Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Monday Morning Debrief No. 35 – Where did you get to?
  • Dave
    Free Member

Eurobike is looming! What to do? Road Trip!

Monday Morning Debrief 35

What did you get up to? Where did you ride?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Cottingley Woods, up through St Ives and a play on Harden Moor before coming back down St Ives. Absolutely brilliant!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Saturday – Gentle club run
    Sunday – Raced in the Winchester Criterium and won the Cat3 race. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Houns

First bike packing/bivvy ride

rOcKeTdOg

Cheltenham General with concussion 🙁

BillOddie

6 hours, 42km and an absolute boatload of climbing on the Mynd yesterday!

crispo
    Free Member

Elterwater on Saturday with a great lunch stop at Chesters in Skelwith Bridge, unfortunately no bike as was up for a walk with the Mrs and her friends.

Sunday spent 6 hours driving up and down the m6 so no biking again 🙁

Really need to get out one night this week and next weekend!!

KonaTC

Bike riding free weeeknd

Saturday – bikes 4 Africa Bike Jumble in the morning followed by the Bristol Balloon Fiesta

Sunday – Gromit Unleashed Trail

MadPierre

Packed big bike ready for it’s holidays Sat morning 😀 Went for a local spin Sat afternoon.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Sat – 5yr olds birthday party & waterfight (plus offloading the boys on grandparents for a week 😀 )
    Sun – dawn patrol around the Peaks, then a walk up to Stanage and finished off with a stonking meal with MrsCat.

(house a bit too quiet IMO)

SteveBbrain
    Free Member

Great weekend doin C2C recce. Got some climbing miles into the legs for attempt at day trip at end of month.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lots of cycling around That London.

Cafe culture, wine bar hacking, beer drinking, afternoon party bashing..

Not bad at all.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

18 hour drive home from Limoges yesterday.

Before that I had a week and a bit of some sunshine, and some cross bike riding.

Before that, I rode 1400km in 100 hours. (LEL 2013)

Simon

Friday evening took the Mrs and kids to Gisburn, had a great time, the place was deserted. Did multiple laps of the skills area and then rode the blue route.

Sunday had a couple of hours on Harden Moor by myself as my regular riding mates can’t be arsed getting out of bed or have turned roadie!

maxtorque

Bike riding = zero
    Garden fence replacement = too much

😉

stever
    Free Member

Sat: 2 hours road bike, lots of hills. Sun: climbing (fingers and feet) Burbage South. Air Ambulance rescue next to us and one of our lot sprained their ankle. Too much excitement. Chips were good though.

mrphil
    Free Member

Friday Morning was a short loop of Moel Famou (15mile 3000ft climbing) with a couple of mates.

Then on Sunday a group of us rode Coed Y Brenin The Beast Trail, only rode it once before. Had a off on the Cain segment, took the wrong line and smashed my arm/hip on the rocks.

After that a few of us rode the MinorTaur, thought it was a nice smooth starter trail for people. Perfect for people getting into MTB riding at Trail centres.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Friday evening, 1 hour mooch round local woods.
    Saturday, Caesars Camp, Aldershot for a few hours.
    Sunday, Out with the 1 1/2 year old loaded on the Kona Minute in search of bridleway!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Rode the gorlech trail at brechfa yesterday… Met some cool guys from liverpool who let me ride with them in exchange for jelly babies.

amodicumofgnar

Shorter than planned Aberfoyle pootle, got mugged by a tree. Nothing major but a bit of comedy one handed first aid patching to plug the leak.

mcnultycop

Lee and Cragg with a guy I work with, who is much, much faster than me (up and down).

I had two offs; one at Lee on the rock slab climb section at the start which wasn’t too bad then a big one on a fairly innocuous secction 3/4 of the way round Cragg that could have been really messy. Luckily my face missed the rocks and I only got a bent brake lever and a sprained thumb.

Good ride though.

Clover

Picture me on Sunday morning. In cycling gear, sitting eating a cheese roll and drinking coffee and happily discussing which local loop we’d start on.

Until a casual glance at diary reveals… I should be at work. 5 minutes ago.

OMFG.

patriotpro
    Free Member

No biking, plenty beering.

happyal
    Free Member

Organised an XC race at Haldon Forest nr. Exeter. Gave away two bikes as prizes!

footstomper
    Free Member

Sat morning pointing new flagging rear of house, afternoon mates house for cards / beer / whisky / down to Ewood watch shite match (Blackburn) drown our sorrows in Blues Bar onto pub for more post match Analyses & beer, back to mates for takeaway / beer / cards, taxi into town (I have to pay as I won most dosh) more beer, somehow got home fell asleep on sofa Wife (not in the best of moods) wakes me to go to bed then tells me next day that I spent 5 minutes switching the lights on & off 😕

Sunday woke up feeling very ill wife not happy as I am supposed to be going Road Biking with Her, she sets off with out me 😳 I decide I need to try and clear my head so set off on MTB for what has to be the slowest ride in years, didn’t work felt crappy all day and wife is still pissed off with me 🙁

Northwind

Off to France next week so a very gentle spin around glentress on sunday, as I’d have felt like a right knob if I broke myself 🙂

KPHC

Stanmer Park for the Brighton Big Dog – 8 laps of pain over the 6 hours, but an awesome day out

tomhoward

Stif Demo day at Stainburn. Fell in love with an £8600 Santa Cruz Solo. Arse.

plumber
    Free Member

Quiet sunday pootle around that london

Ended up at 27 miles – like you do 🙂

TiRed

Sat AM: Herne Hill Intermediate track session
    Sat PM: Rode into town and back on the kiddyback tandem with my neighbour’s 5yo
    Sun eve: Swinley Blue and Red with my sons

So quite an eclectic cycling mix.

the_lecht_rocks

125km loop from home to Ballater and back along the South Deeside – Superb !!!!! 🙂

Nipper99
    Free Member

CX forest road outing, Swansea Valley up and over to Dulais Valley, up and over to Neath Valley and finally up and over to Afan Valley at Glyncorrwg. Lost the mojo for another climb back over to the Neath Valley so down the cycle path to Port Talbot for a cuppa with mother in law and lift home. Need to get some smaller chainrings or build a bit of a gravelgrinder.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Monday Morning Debrief No. 35 – Where did you get to?’ is closed to new replies.