Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Monday Conundrum
  • TerryWrist
    Free Member

Don’t worry about it, I just googled the company number in your photo and emailed them a link to this thread.

You don’t have to thank me, you’re welcome.

wwaswas

I’m not over impressed with the glimpse creative website, tbh 😉

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

So Don Simon has never once taken anything that wasn’t his? Never has a pen or post-it note from work been found at his home? Never has he done something that should have resulted in a payment or fine (eg: speeding) for which he paid nothing?

To the OP. Store the new hi-fi in the garage, if they don’t contact you in a month or two, keep it. The retailer should be more organised – they shouldn’t send out goods to people without an order/payment.

maccruiskeen

What kind of emergency requires a hifi in time for the weekend? Do the vendors market themselves as suppliers of urgent radiograms for time sensitive weekend listening?

You put yourself in a corner that they were unaware of, then got stressed about it. Sending it back is no hardship whatsoever you big pansy.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Terry Wrist – what a guy.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – Member

Intrigued as to what the statutory definition of “shortish” might be

I cannot remember and can’t be bothered to look it up. 🙂

nbt

Perhaps you feel a day of your time is worth more than the HiFi and that this is suitable compensation.

That hifi costs £149. I get billed out at £650 per day. If the OP is billed out at a similar rate, maybe he should be asking for speakers as well…

loum
    Free Member

… Or at least some quality cables, they’re what makes all the difference. 😉

Cheezpleez

Morally, there’s no question – you should let them know they’ve made a mistake. But I don’t think you’re obliged to put yourself out so they can pick it up.

I had this happen with a bed years ago and they told me to keep it.

Dickyboy

Don’t worry about it, I just googled the company number in your photo and emailed them a link to this thread.

🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Morally, there’s no question – you should let them know they’ve made a mistake. But I don’t think you’re obliged to put yourself out so they can pick it up.

Legally there is no question either, the exceptional people in the audio visual store should be called Now, if they then choose not to collect the op wins and can sleep easily.

Never has a pen or post-it note from work been found at his home?

No, but then again I’ve generally worked in environments where the employees are treated like adults. Current boss is a bit of a star too.

scuzz
    Free Member

That hifi costs £149

Oh, so it does. Sorry, I thought it was a hifi 😉

hilldodger
    Free Member

Shibboleth – Member
    TJ, thanks for the helpful advice

Carefull Shibby, you never know when the old giffer’s going to pull one of these………

TrollJeremy – Member
    On this thread I have been taking the piss

donsimon
    Free Member

That hifi costs £149

Would appear to be closer to 500 with speakers… 😯

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just mailed my bro in law who’s a consumer protection guy & he says…

‘Unfortunately the goods would not be yours.
    There’s nothing laid down as what is a reasonable time (for them to pick the goods up) but if it went past that point then you’d be looking at damages only i.e. compensation for the inconvenience, that sort of thing.
    It only becomes yours if its unsolicited which it isn’t.’

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Thanks esseletc, to be honest, I wasn’t really expecting to keep it, I’m more annoyed that a company that’s already wasted my time has been so incompetent and wasted even more of it!

SamCooke
    Free Member

You placed an order then cancelled it. Subsequent to that they sent you something, unsolicited. You keep it.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Monday Conundrum’ is closed to new replies.