Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Monarch RT3 debonair question
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

I have the above shock on my bike, I am trying to make sense out of curiosity the letters on the side. L (in red) L3 with open padlock in blue. Then an S with closed padlock 320 both in blue.

Any suspension gurus know?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I can help on the main pair of letters which refer to the level of damping applied with the internal shims.

Red is rebound
    Blue is compression

L – Low
    M – Medium
    H – High
    3 is a progressive tune. I just don’t know what if progresses from and to (I.e. does an H3 start on M and head to H or start H and go more).

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks for some helpful info. Whatever happened to good old 2 letter tune info.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

The 2 letter tune is still there, my after market Debonair Plus just has a 2 letter tune, ‘MM’ on it, nowt else.

benpinnick

Low rebound, Progressve low compression, with the softest (320S) platform blowoff force.

benpinnick

3 is a progressive tune. I just don’t know what if progresses from and to (I.e. does an H3 start on M and head to H or start H and go more).

Its a different shim arrangement. The standard stack is three shims in a wide narrow wide config, while the 3 stack is 5 shims (go figure why its not called ‘5’) in a pyramid arrangement. The total damping is about the same, but the 3 option offers (IMHO) a better transition on and off the platform, as it tends to provide more mid stroke support than the standard shim stack.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Cheers!

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks Ben. So its a L/L3 really. The S 320 I assume is “Soft” part.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Monarch RT3 debonair question’ is closed to new replies.